McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran and worked on tuning this new to me 10-10 tonight, it's running really pretty decent. I noticed that the engine block is not painted but just raw aluminum(magnesium?) Anyone know why? Service replacement engine? Something else? Newer ones are like this? Idk.
e083a906830b52e47b7bc527fa3615f0.jpg
dc27557b4acd9f22e87bc26cdf16c15f.jpg

It's not just the oil tank, that's just where it's most obvious. It's the whole engine, cooling fins and all that aren't painted or are painted gray.

Right side start no less. That sure seems like an awful lot goin' on over there (the pto side)!

I will try and get a few more photos of the saw tonight. I'm actually looking forward to giving the little machine a run. This one has 1/2" chain on it, and should cut well if running right.

Just picked up a LG-6 geardrive. Arrived with the rear handle broke off the tank.
What other saws share the same tank handle assembly. And anyone have a nice
spare they can let go.

Thanks Lee

Just picked up a LG-6 geardrive. Arrived with the rear handle broke off the tank.
What other saws share the same tank handle assembly. And anyone have a nice
spare they can let go.

Thanks Lee

That is a shame Lee, sorry to hear of it. I have an IPL which shows Part No. 68683 for the LG-6 geardrive (1968). The 10-10 of the same year shows the same part No. for its tank. The Super LG-6 also shows the same part No.

Chris

It's not just the oil tank, that's just where it's most obvious. It's the whole engine, cooling fins and all that aren't painted or are painted gray.

I assume the oil tank is painted gray. Believe that is a later model. The fact the cylinder is bare is not that unusual. My PM700 has a bare cylinder. All my 82cc MACs are/were bare. The only other small ten series I have owned (forgot the model) was bare.

Likely your saw came as it is.

Ron

Back