McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone need a ten series tank/handle for a flat back carb? I have one that I'm going to throw in the recycling bin if there's no interest.

I heard there was a kit to convert them to an SDC. You may want to check that with Mark. If it's so, you'll have a spare which you'll need as soon as the garbage truck pulls away.

I heard there was a kit to convert them to an SDC. You may want to check that with Mark. If it's so, you'll have a spare which you'll need as soon as the garbage truck pulls away.
I already tried to talk Mark out of one but apparently they are quite rare. Parts saws wearing SDC's are cheap and available.

Does anyone else have bad luck with PTO side starters or just me?

A rope that nasty is gonna break on either side!

Supposed to be around 50" of starter rope. I use 3mm diameter. Slides through the pulley hub channel nicely but isn't sloppy.

Untitled.jpg
You sure the assembly isn't hanging up and creating undue strain on the rope?

You sure the assembly isn't hanging up and creating undue strain on the rope?
Nope it's a little short but winds up good. Pissed off operator was responsible for breaking it LOL. The outer section looks ratty but it is only frayed a little bit.

It could use a new rope. I should pick up another starter/clutch cover since both of my current saws are set up that way.

And hey..., congrats on 15000 posts. (That sure is a lot o' spare time!)

Thank you, I didn't even notice that! It's been nearly 8 years LOL.

Heck Poge,
He lives in northern MN. It's only warm enough for a month to go outside and then the black flies and skeeters bleed you out in ten minutes.

I can't get to my saws for a while to count drivelinks. Does anyone know the # of DLs for a 33" small MAC bar on a large frame - SP125C. How about a small MAC 36" bar. Thanks in advance, Ron

Well guys, I'm finally in the 7 cube club, I bought this on a gamble on ebay. The seller knew nothing about it and sold it as a parts saw, it was ugly and I took the gamble and bought it, well it appears my gamble paid off, it's got wicked compression, clean p and c and fires on prime fuel, original fuel lines are in good shape and the only thing I see wrong is part of the rear fan shroud is busted off above the muffler, missing one muffler cover bolt. I'm very happy with how it worked out. 20170603_162726.jpg 20170603_162745.jpg

Oh and the basket for the starter handle is busted. Does anybody have an up to date part number for crank seals?

Well guys, I'm finally in the 7 cube club, I bought this on a gamble on ebay. The seller knew nothing about it and sold it as a parts saw, it was ugly and I took the gamble and bought it, well it appears my gamble paid off, it's got wicked compression, clean p and c and fires on prime fuel, original fuel lines are in good shape and the only thing I see wrong is part of the rear fan shroud is busted off above the muffler, missing one muffler cover bolt. I'm very happy with how it worked out. View attachment 583125 View attachment 583126

Fine specimen.

Got one for y'all, is it possible to tell the gauge off of this picture of the part number? It's a 18 or 20 hard nose off of a 250. .050 seems to fit somewhat nicely, but I am unsure if it's .058 or something else. Also, is there a chart for reading the serial numbers on the 60s Mac 250? Saw is new to me and I am trying to figure out some info on it.
e92220efa967fcc684b50e7f068a6c4d.jpg

Back