McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fixed my 10-10 hot start issue with a new cap thanks to someone's advice here. It had a defective duckbill valve that was not allowing any pressure to build in the tank to prevent boiling.

I fixed my 10-10 hot start issue with a new cap thanks to someone's advice here. It had a defective duckbill valve that was not allowing any pressure to build in the tank to prevent boiling.

Did you replace the cap with a new (different?) one or adapt a replacement duckbill to the vent setup on the original cap? Just curious. I've replaced a couple with good results but it can be a challenge depending on which of the three vent types you're dealing with.

Did you replace the cap with a new (different?) one or adapt a replacement duckbill to the vent setup on the original cap? Just curious. I've replaced a couple with good results but it can be a challenge depending on which of the three vent types you're dealing with.
I replaced the cap entirely with a newer style one, (nos from ebay) at the time I didnt know I could get parts to fix the original and proptly tossed it. Paid way too much fof the new one.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

I have a couple of my 10-10s that need the duck bill replaced. I have the duck bills, just not the time to work on them. Heck I have a pretty new Pro Mac 10-10 that needs put back together and a 6-10 to take apart, replace crank seals, rebuild carb and just a general health check. Get running and ready to work. Also need to clean most of my saws because I have been lazy lately and not cleaning them after use. Well I have 2 PM6s to use until I get time to figure out what the 140s problem.
Brian

Are the copper colored parts paint, plated, or made from copper.
Remember that bare aluminum or magnesium parts will be subject to corrosion.
Nice pipe by the way.
Mark
Hello Mark, that's made of copper.
You mean the galvanic action between the metals;
[electric potential between magnesium and other foreign metals]
(metal that get contact to magnesium) and (electric potential / unit: Volt) given by the galvanic action between them.
with magnesium 0.00V
with zinc/zinc alloy 0.05V
with aluminum 0.70V
with soft steel 0.90V
with aluminum alloy 1.00V
with chrome plate 1.10V
with copper/copper alloy 1.35V
with austenitic stainless steel 1.40V
with nickel plate 1.45V
with gold 1.75

Back