McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember that the Mini Mac oiler is gravity feed so if the automatic oil pump body or check valve are leaking, the whole tank of oil can end up in the crankcase. In addition, there is only one check valve so they are more prone to leaking than other typed of oilers.

Mark

Remember that the Mini Mac oiler is gravity feed so if the automatic oil pump body or check valve are leaking, the whole tank of oil can end up in the crankcase. In addition, there is only one check valve so they are more prone to leaking than other typed of oilers.

Mark
Makes me glad I have a manual oiler eager beaver.

On a different note, is it normal to have to run at half to 3/4 choke for a while before putting load on it or do I need to adjust / clean the carb?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

OK so I had posted about my eager beaver and all the oil in the crankcase. I got it cleared out after the new oil pump and it seemed ok. I started and ran it a couple times and it started easy and didn't smoke. Well it has sat for a few days and today it didn't want to start and when it did it smoked like mad and at wot it wouldn't clear out. I guess the crankcase is full of bar oil again. Is there anything else I can try?

Gravity feed from the tank through the manual valve and to the automatic pump, the tiny piston in the automatic pump pushes it through the check valve and up the tube to the bar mount.

The only path for the oil to get to the crankcase is past the tiny piston (rod) and past the phenolic disc through the body of automatic pump.

Mark

Gravity feed from the tank through the manual valve and to the automatic pump, the tiny piston in the automatic pump pushes it through the check valve and up the tube to the bar mount.

The only path for the oil to get to the crankcase is past the tiny piston (rod) and past the phenolic disc through the body of automatic pump.

Mark
The automatic pump is brand new oem, so what else can I do. I have considered blocking the crankcase impulse port and making it manual oiler only. Don't really want to lose the auto oiler, but the saw is useless like this.

You could just dump the oil out when you finish with the saw. I don't have any ideas as there doesn't seem to be any other path for the oil to get from the oil tank into the crankcase. If it makes you feel any better, I have one or two that behave the same way. I have been working on Mini Mac's for the past few weeks and while the oilers can be problematic I cannot come up with any explanations.

20160723_180626.jpg

20160723_180643.jpg

20160723_181656.jpg

20160723_181701.jpg

20160723_181706.jpg

Mark

L-R; MM6, MM1, MM25, MM110, MM140AS

20160723_181647.jpg

Still to go, MM130 on the floor and a couple of 110's that I'll put up for sale. I guess I will have to look in the attic to see if I can find a MM30 and MM35, then start the search for a MM35AS, Eager Beaver 2.0, McCulloch 100, 160S, Eager Beaver Super 16, and I think there is one called a 165 with a longer rear handle.

When I can find some time I will put together a more complete series of posts on the MM oiler system as I have picked up a few things along the way.

Mark

L-R; MM6, MM1, MM25, MM110, MM140AS

View attachment 515311

Still to go, MM130 on the floor and a couple of 110's that I'll put up for sale. I guess I will have to look in the attic to see if I can find a MM30 and MM35, then start the search for a MM35AS, Eager Beaver 2.0, McCulloch 100, 160S, Eager Beaver Super 16, and I think there is one called a 165 with a longer rear handle.

When I can find some time I will put together a more complete series of posts on the MM oiler system as I have picked up a few things along the way.

Mark

I've got a 165 and use it all the time! It's got AV mounts.

Also, I saw a 170 for sale but didn't offer enough. I've got a pic of it somewhere.

Big day - small saws. Gave away my two non-running PM6As including my NOS filters and fuel lines. Also I got my SP40 running tonight. Anybody have a NOS sprocket nose bar and 1/4" chain for sale? Ron

BTW other than the throttle linkage, the SP40 disassembles and reassembles easily. I lost count (more than I have fingers and toes) trying to get the linkage to open the throttle past 75%. Never did get it to 100% but will order a new rod (pictures on eBay look slightly different than mine. Ron

Guys, I see that Stihl still offers 1/4" chain - so all I need is a DL count for 14" & 16" sprocket nose and hard nose bars since I don't know where I'll land. Thanks in advance. Ron

Well got one Power Mac 6 running. I starts very well and runs great. Just need a chain. 14" hard nose 1/4" .050 71 DL. Wonder if someone makes a sprocket nose bar for this saw?

I've got a couple used bars for those of different lengths and also a NOS hard nosed bar and NOS sprocket nose bar, although I'd like to keep the sprocket nose
If you are interested in one I will get sizes when I get home from work

Well got one Power Mac 6 running. I starts very well and runs great. Just need a chain. 14" hard nose 1/4" .050 71 DL. Wonder if someone makes a sprocket nose bar for this saw?

I'll have to check condition of my used ones but I could be talked out of those pretty cheap as I don't have anything in them

Back