McCulloch Pro Mac 700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraMtns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found a Pro Mac 700 for sale locally. The owner says it hasn't ran in about 8 years. From the pictures it looks really clean with everything there. I am planning on looking at it this afternoon.

What kind of things do you guys look at when looking at buying a old saw?

Next, If I do come home with it what steps should I take when trying to start it back up after it sitting for so long? I don't want to score the cylinder trying to start a dry saw.

Thanks

The ignition coil I believe in them is harder to come by but you can slightly modify the 610 coil by what I've heard. Great saw if you get it for a good deal on running. You can always sell it for parts if you had to.

I used to have a PM700 and really liked it with a 24" bar. I would check the compression and if it's adequate just prime the engine with fuel mix and see if it fires..You can always add a little extra 2 stroke oil in the mix for the initial fire up if you're concerned about that. Make sure it has a good air filter.

I've bought two in the past2 years one sat in a barn for twenty years and I bought one today they both ran ,just cleaned every part rebuilt carb, set timing,and cut anything.
Honestly the best saw i ever ran, at work I have my choice of multiple stihls and Huskies but the pro700 is a beast and sounds like a chopper when idling ....only thing its heavy.
Buy it and apply good normal maintenance to it and you be rewarded.

Latest posts

Back