• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

McCulloch super 797

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky sevens

Reaction score
Hi all, new member to the site but a long time lurker/info hoarder. I have a super 797 that I pulled out of a barn loft and got running. Surprisingly it didn't take much more than a thorough cleaning and new fuel line/ carb tune. Had it out today helping a friend of mine block up some 36"+ maple and man does it run well. Won't keep up with my 090 but close. The only problem I had with it is the bucking spikes are missing and it could really use them. If anyone has a pair they are willing to sell I am interested. Thanks, BradIMG_20170304_163333333_HDR.jpg IMG_20170304_163341701_HDR.jpg IMG_20170304_163352771_HDR.jpg

IMG_0852.JPG IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0905.PNG Hey guys, I'm new to the site as well. Wasn't sure if it was better to start a new thread or reply to this one since I'm in a similar situation as far as being a new owner of a 797. I bought the saw thinking it was the plain 797 because of the black air filter cover but it may be a super?? It has what I'm assuming is the prefix 15 on the bottom and the SDC carb exactly like pictured from this IPL page. Is it a Super?

Thanks, Micah

View attachment 567088 View attachment 567089 View attachment 567090 Hey guys, I'm new to the site as well. Wasn't sure if it was better to start a new thread or reply to this one since I'm in a similar situation as far as being a new owner of a 797. I bought the saw thinking it was the plain 797 because of the black air filter cover but it may be a super?? It has what I'm assuming is the prefix 15 on the bottom and the SDC carb exactly like pictured from this IPL page. Is it a Super?

Thanks, Micah
If it has an SDC, it is likely a super. I can't remember whether the supers or the regular had thick or thin rings. Someone with more memory can help you there.

Latest posts

Back