McCullogh PowerMac 310 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Working on a friends 310 that sat for a couple years and probably used two or three times. Rebuilt the carb and got it running but having idle issues. Saw held pressure and vacuum so I pressured tested the carb under water. Doesn't hold pressure, however there are no air bubbles from any leaks. Never experienced this before. Any thoughts? Carb is a Zama C1 with impulse nozzle on pump side and fuel nozzle on the bottom of the carb.

Better check your pressure source and the hose, if the pressure is not holding that air is going somewhere.

I had to run mine (Wildcat) two or three times making adjustments before it finally settled down. While it is not a powerful saw, I don't mind using it from time to time.

Better check your pressure source and the hose, if the pressure is not holding that air is going somewhere.

I had to run mine (Wildcat) two or three times making adjustments before it finally settled down. While it is not a powerful saw, I don't mind using it from time to time.
I agree. My mitivac holds pressure when squeezing the line hooked to the carb. Guess I'll go back to the drawing board.

The mating surface between the carb and cylinder. Might need some attention. Sometimes there will be an air leak as things shrink or the plastic warps or expands. Have had to put a gasket between carb and boot on some.

Back