Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did I scare everybody out of the sandbox, er what? Yeah, I was a bit ornery yesterday. Just find whiners annoying..., especially persistent ones.

Even so, and in the spirit of Fish's original intentions (yeah, I know...who's Fish?), I'm willing to move a few more copies along to a few more folks who actually indicate they'll step up to the plate and send some copies out when new requests are posted. Pretty disappointed at the lack of recent participation.

Don't wanna seem like a complete a-hole here, but there is a premise by which this thread was originated that occasionally needs to be re-emphasized. A commitment to pay forward the generosity you receive from others in the process of keeping it all going is all that is usually necessary for someone to come forward and honor their own commitment to fulfill a new requests. Pretty simple.

And just for the record, I've honored numerous domestic requests and several international requests.

Now then, anyone else gonna step up and honor the most recent requests, or do I hafta do it..., again?

It does take time and cost money and I ain't the Red Cross, here....especially for precocious whiners....though I'll even send him a copy (if he hasn't found his yet) and he commits to paying it forward in the spirit of the thread, well..., just because I like Fish.

I have the last v3.33 non-expiring catalog which is 2012 and the 2013/2014 catalog in the new v5,x format which requires a computer date rollback prior to July 31, 2014 to install and function. Both versions on the same machine are problematic and should be avoided.

C'mon, scouts. Step it up.

I have program that rolls back the computers date lunches the application then changes the date back. It works very effortlessly, we use it for a sport's clerking software that the creator died. I would be interested in trying to see if this works for the new version if someone could supply me with a copy. Then if works provide documentation back to the group on how to set it up.

I have program that rolls back the computers date lunches the application then changes the date back. It works very effortlessly, we use it for a sport's clerking software that the creator died. I would be interested in trying to see if this works for the new version if someone could supply me with a copy. Then if works provide documentation back to the group on how to set it up.
Hadn't heard of that tactic since y2k!

So does this mean those guys next in line won't send out the copies they promised?

That is sad. I should have attached a curse for those that break the chain.........

Isn't that what's happened to this place anyway?

Haven't seen any indication that anyone has responded to, or honored, anyone's recent requests except me making yet another offer to keep this going as a result of my admittedly rather pissy approach to Stihlofadeal's inquiry..., which I have also indicated I would actually honor despite what seemed to be a rather presumptuous attitude by him due to lack of timely response to his initial request. My offer still stands to hook him up along with the couple of other recent folks since nobody else seems to be stepping up to the plate. Then that's it for me. Period. Done. Pretty sad how folks have just dismissed the initial spirit and intent of the original premise, Fish. Great idea and served its purpose many times over, and still may revive from time to time..., especially if an expiration date workaround is found for the 5.x version.

Otherwise...

Poge has been around a lot more than I but like him I have sent out way more than two copies. Way more. I don't want to see this fizzle out. So I will also send out a few more.

F**k it not that hard. I won't even go into a huge rant here. We all are grown men that know how to read and comprehend what we are reading. IS IT YOUR TURN TO SEND OUT SOME COPIES? THEN STEP UP!!!!!

Yeah, if we could come up with a never ending 2015 version, mail out a few dozen copies more each, this thread
would perk right up, eh?
But my kind gesture account has been closed for now due to lack of funds.

The 2012 catalog already exists as a non-expiring version. It's the 2013-2014 (and newer) catalogs in the new 5.6 format that continue to have the expiration restriction.

And fwiw, I did send a v5.6 copy to a new contributor toward the cause this past week. Guess we'll just need to wait and see how he fares trying to solve the date issue.

Clearly a more formidable task than v3.x.

I still never got one, I think my copy fell through. I would love a copy of someone still has one.

Hey guys, I got my copy from LowVolt and want to pay it forward. I'll make and send out a few copies to anyone who needs the 2011 version. Does anyone want one? Thanks again LowVolt.

Just to let y'all know. Stihl has dropped Media Cat. I didn't get a warning, either they didn't send it , or I didn't get it. Stihl's replacement is missing several of the documents available in Media Cat. Definitely a pain in the ass for our shop.

Just to let y'all know. Stihl has dropped Media Cat. I didn't get a warning, either they didn't send it , or I didn't get it. Stihl's replacement is missing several of the documents available in Media Cat. Definitely a pain in the ass for our shop.

Wow, that is disappointing. What is their replacement now called?

They have access to parts diagrams and manuals through two different functions now. EBiz and PartSmart. With media cat I was able to access the special tools catalog, repair times book, and a few other documents that are currently not in EBiz or PartSmart.

Latest posts

Back