Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on copying now but I'm get a warning/notice about file properties not being copied as I'm about to burn to disc (see image. Is this something to worry about or should I select YES to copy without the properties?

2016-03-03_162517.png

Sorry I wasn't clear on that - I copied the files from the MCat disc to my hard drive, now I'm attempting to burn those file to a blank disc.
This is per Microsoft instructions at their site. It seems very straightforward except for this warning.

Clone the original disc to a new disc of the same format. Copying the disc files to a hard drive and then just copying the copy to new media doesn't retain the required properties for the auto-install and other critical stuff necessary for easy distribution and convenient installation.

Yeah, just click on your computer's own DVD suite[program] and do a straight copy, data disc copy, or whatever.

What he said, I am fairly computer illiterate...

Update for housekeeping - It looks like dp0350 is squared up and I sent a copy @HillbillymanKY so that puts him on the hook along with Growler, CCronin, fishingdave and myself with the other copy I have ready to go. Let me know if I got anything wrong but it looks to me like we've got this rolling pretty good again. :chainsaw:

Here's one reason why I wanted this on my tablet - No PC in the workshop but there's a flatscreen in there so no more squinting! (MotoZoom with Bluetooth keyboard and PC speakers, AV out via HDMI cable)

IMG_20160324_143439110.jpg

I'm not actually running mediacat on android, I couldn't get that to work so I just transfer the pdf manual or whatever I need via cable or bluetooth and it's just dandy. I'm sure you smart folks are already doing this via wifi or whatever but me, Freddy and Jason are perfectly happy with this!

Likewise, thanks fishingdave! Installed directly from the iso. As with dougand3, shoot me a PM if you want a DVD sent your way. Amazing tool to have.

Latest posts

Back