Milled Redwood Log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here is a 36" diameter log I milled that ended up being finished slabs for a local winery. I'm getting my son more involved with my milling and he enjoys running my mill. He likes the HP
Last picture is one of the slabs finished that shows some really nice figuring. My son and I just finished one for his backyard patio.
jerry-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    703 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 85
Looks awesome! Wish I could land a Redwood just for the sake of my back not being sore sliding around and moving Eastern hardwood slabs and more slabs. :) I bet Redwood drinks up linseed oil fast?

Looks awesome! Wish I could land a Redwood just for the sake of my back not being sore sliding around and moving Eastern hardwood slabs and more slabs. :) I'll bet Redwood drinks up linseed oil fast?

When redwood is first cut its pretty heavy. After it drys the slabs depending on size are manageable.
I've been using a water based spar urethane on these slabs going into the winery's, it's good about not staining when red wines are spilled on them.
I got this tree because it was to close to a PG&E gas line and had to come down.
jerry-

Back