MillerModSaws and the PS-7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you 105 is too low exhaust to me for a 79cc saw. The higher the exhaust the more blowdown they seem to like.
I agree but I'm always open for suggestions and brad suggested I try 105. So I did. The thing is with 105/30 I can change it now to whatever I want. The 102/27 saw is set. Lol. If it ends up being the saw of choice all 3 saws will be set to that but I rally wanna play with that bd number.

I agree but I'm always open for suggestions and brad suggested I try 105. So I did. The thing is with 105/30 I can change it now to whatever I want. The 102/27 saw is set. Lol. If it ends up being the saw of choice all 3 saws will be set to that but I rally wanna play with that bd number.
I liked the 102 saw..
No question they'll run a bigger bar than they will oil...

Someone (me) needs chain sharpening lessons. Lmao. I watched hedgerow run saw 2 with a 32" bar and saw saw 1 with jacked 28" and a good 24". Not sure his opinion but it will pull a 32" but I would say the 24 or 28 combo is where it's at for this saw. I have 1 more saw on its way to throw into the mix I am going to put 103 with 30 bd in it and compare. Drop saw 2 to 105 with 28 bd. Depending on what I see there I will decide what works best for me. Then I will play with advancing the timing just a bit. Then we should have some final numbers. But i agree with hedgerow. I would not be afraid to send either of these saws to a customer. Unless there gonna run them against hedgerows 7900. Lol.
She's headed your way in the morning!

I got saw 2 tore down boys so hopefully I won't bore you guys too much. Saw 3 is headed in I'm gonna play with the numbers just a bit before it gets here but I at this point 102/?/80 is what seems to be the trick. The ? Is what we need to find. Between the 3 saws I will hopefully end up with a 27,28,29 blowdown. See if we can narrow down that blowdown.

20150303_165604.jpg Ok thought this visual may help. The exhaust now sits at 102. So from the roof of the exhaust to the bottom of the ring is 29 degrees blowdown. The ring is sitting at 131 degrees. I mark it with an ultra fine sharpie and grind the trans till the mark is almost gone. Finishing with Diamond burrs. Slowly but surely.

20150303_182457.jpg Here's a roughed in pic. You can see I'm really close to my line. I will square the corners a bit more than finish with a diamond burr smoothing all the bumps out and checking with the ring till I get the ring edge and port edge to match. Then I will put a chamfer on all the corners. Not sure what happened to the above pic. If you can't see it holar and I'll repost it.

Latest posts

Back