MillerModSaws Stares Down the 7310/7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think on my initial go I'm gonna take .023 off the squish. .020 off the base. Or whatever gives me the 103/130/76. That's running the exhaust 1 degree lower than I do on a 7910 with 1 degree less blow down but initially 4 degree higher intake.
What is your reasoning on opening the squish up? Too much compression?
Or am I reading this wrong.
Your starting with .023 taking .023 off which puts you at .046. Base cut brings you back to .026.
Do I have this right?

Carl's got the 7910 hummin.... Did a saw of his last week that turned 13,2 in 26 inch pine with a 24 inch bar.....that's way over the 12,5 limited coil will let it do. The unlimited coil changed the personality of the saw......its no longer a reined back race horse, and it gives it, its head......boy does it run!!!!!!
The saw was running way rich when I got it. Mechanically everything was good other than the carb. It had a warn needle arm and diphram nipple causing the over rich condition. Got that fixed and the saw took to the unlimited coil. Dialed it in then modded the carb, going 30-40 on the jets and blocked the H bleed orfice to regsain Hi adjustability. Dialed in was was 14,4-14,6 unloaded and 13,2 in wood!!!! It was FUN!!
Rich, we need to talk! I've already been picking MMS's brain :) I've got a brand new 7910 here getting ready to go under the knife.

Damn, you people. Just finished reading the 7910 build thread. Am I going to have to buy one of these guys in ported form, unlimited coil? It is kinda leaning that way. Can you run unlimited on a 7910H?
Lol. I know I'm never happy with doing them all the same. You may miss something. I have tried many different recipe,port shapes,etc since I've did that thread but I can tell you my numbers have not changed. And yes you need one! I really not for sure if you'll fall in love with the power or just how smooth they are. If you can run a ported one with a 28" rw weight bar you will be in love. IMO. :laughing:

What is your reasoning on opening the squish up? Too much compression?
Or am I reading this wrong.
Your starting with .023 taking .023 off which puts you at .046. Base cut brings you back to .026.
Do I have this right?
You have it right. I said it wrong. Sorry. .020 off squish and .023 off base. I want a final squish of .020.

I thought the same thing about your sqiish numbers. Now it makes more sense. Nice to see they hold a consistent factory squish setting. I've checked 7900 and 7910 and they have all been set that tight.

Lol. I know I'm never happy with doing them all the same. You may miss something. I have tried many different recipe,port shapes,etc since I've did that thread but I can tell you my numbers have not changed. And yes you need one! I really not for sure if you'll fall in love with the power or just how smooth they are. If you can run a ported one with a 28" rw weight bar you will be in love. IMO. :laughing:
And an 8 pin with the 28"[emoji1]

Ok here's the mufflers when I'm 80% done with them. I got the 7910 and 7310 mufflers done tonight. They will still have to be port matched to the cylinder exhaust when I'm done with it. But as you can see there just a hollow shell of what use to be a very nice emissions control system. :laughing:20150901_203551.jpg20150901_203556.jpg

Back