Milling pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive stack of timber behind that mill!

Keep those photo's coming......raining here, keeping me inside!

Scott (cold too) B

2014-10-31 11.09.23.jpg 100_1874.JPG 100_1875.JPG Heres the logs as i found them, Their estimate was 150 tonne, mine was 75. Weighed in at 60. The piece thats flipped on its end in the right of log photo is next to be milled. Its only a short one at 2m long about 1.8 diameter.

Great pics Steve! That mill is earning its keep. Hows the Warrior and 090 holding up?

Great pics Steve! That mill is earning its keep. Hows the Warrior and 090 holding up?
Thanks. Warrior could do with the single point sizing upgrade. That 090 is not the prettiest saw but works hard. Use it every day and starts first pull, stuff rattles off now and then just have to keep a ear/eye out for it.

Thanks. Warrior could do with the single point sizing upgrade. That 090 is not the prettiest saw but works hard. Use it every day and starts first pull, stuff rattles off now and then just have to keep a ear/eye out for it.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't be to hard to knock up with an alloy irrigation pipe and some extra chain. Or maybe Jake can sell you an upgrade?

That's not all they could do with, but perhaps that's a can'o'worms best left unopened for now.

Wow, that's some huge wood. Pretty! What is it?
Macrocarpa.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Shouldn't be to hard to knock up with an alloy irrigation pipe and some extra chain. Or maybe Jake can sell you an upgrade?
The factory will not be seeing any more of my business. Booked in with a local guy who will do a manual setup after xmas, hes never seen a mill before but came up with a pretty simple plan.

Got to ask(cause I'm having a difficult time trying to see it in my mind).....

How does this blade make slabs the width of these logs you are showing?
Is there a different blade/attachment I'm not seeing....or ??

Scott (cool table and bench set) B

Got to ask(cause I'm having a difficult time trying to see it in my mind).....

How does this blade make slabs the width of these logs you are showing?
Is there a different blade/attachment I'm not seeing....or ??

Scott (cool table and bench set) B
-Mill lumber down to centre then flip the log and mill down again, leaving a centre slab.
-For narrower, about 12" on that mill but Steve will correct me if I'm wrong, double cut to get two bites, one from each side of the 12", dimensional slab.
-Mill lumber off top to get a flat, straight face, then break out the alaskan Cs mill.

2014-12-09 14.50.06.jpg 100_1880.JPG
Usually use the mill to take the top off logs then use the alaskan if it will fit, it can cut about 1m wide. Anything bigger just use the warrior, mill down to wherever i want the slab from roll log over and mill down to whatever thickness i want.

-For narrower, about 12" on that mill but Steve will correct me if I'm wrong, double cut to get two bites, one from each side of the 12", dimensional slab.
Have not tried that with this mill, quicker and easier to slab.

Latest posts

Back