Milling pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its W.Malloffs idea, out of chainsaw lumbermaking.
Yep level some end boards and run a string line, sight across and level lag bolts. Black board is a bit of ply with angle glued on to act as a guide for lag bolts, Just gotta remember that length of bolts cant be any longer than end boards or you will end up cutting through them. All stays together good if you use plenty of lag bolts, mill to the bolts and slide the board forward, makes any length beam/slab possible if you have the right log.
Bobl's a clever guy, i put him up there with Malloff. (space saved on bookshelf next to c/s lumbermaking for when you write us a book Bobl)
The old geeza's round here call macrocarpa "king country kauri". Lots of it around. We are in the central north island, if the low cloud wasnt there you could see ruapehu covered in snow.

You live in some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen. My wife and I honeymooned in NZ. Spent about 3 weeks driving from nearly the bottom of the south island to nearly the top of the north. Can't wait to get back some day.

I agree about bobl. I'll pitch in for his book PLUS shipping all the way to yank land.

I guess I'll have to get Malloff's book in the mean time and do some studyin'. Thanks for the info.

Nice logs! Looks like you did some mods to the warrior also.
Single point side shift was the best thing, got it done for a fraction of what the factory was asking for their set up. Would like to upgrade to a 4stroke for a bit more power, and a bit more length would be good but the beam barely handles the weight of a chainsaw. Then i wouldnt have to spend time setting up the alaskan, though i can get a flatter cut with it.IMG_20150923_110503.jpg

Latest posts

Back