Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yee ha! It was a good time! Thanks to all who came! We were a little light on participants this year, so very grateful for all who came- you all made it a great race day!!
Yeah i would have loved to make it but had to do storm releif didn't get home till 12 lastnight and just got home now

Again I'm sorry I couldn't make any of the festivities. I've been out in NY and MA since Friday morning. Going to do some cutting with mustangmike on Friday up at the children's camp where I volunteer when I'm up here.

Maybe we can try to get the local crew together even for a bbq or something later this summer.

Thanks Andy and Sarah and everyone else who contributed to setting up the race! Great to see friends and good people! To bad Adam took home all the wood. Maybe we can beat him next time.:)
Dammit!!!
I knew Levi and I needed to be there...
But it may not have been much cooler there than here..
We'll see you all next year though..
Don't care the temps...
Adam wins too much.
Lol...
I need an alky saw..

Again I'm sorry I couldn't make any of the festivities. I've been out in NY and MA since Friday morning. Going to do some cutting with mustangmike on Friday up at the children's camp where I volunteer when I'm up here. i love a good bbq and beer

Maybe we can try to get the local crew together even for a bbq or something later this summer.

Dammit!!!
I knew Levi and I needed to be there...
But it may not have been much cooler there than here..
We'll see you all next year though..
Don't care the temps...
Adam wins too much.
Lol...
I need an alky saw..
You need an ally saw... I want 930.

Yeah the big saws should have a kick start its safe to keep the saw on the ground while starting anyways
Back up in Brainerd. Some bigger trees. Under bucking with a 660 isn't a lot of fun. Heck, pull starting a 660 isn't A lot of fun after a couple of days of pole saw work . . .

Philbert

Back in Brainerd

Big trees, close to (or on!) houses, trailers, etc., can still be a challenge. The second photo was part of 5 trunks on top of an RV. Luckily, cutting away at non-weight bearing wood let the root ball raise the largest trunk about 6 inches - just enough to be able to pull the trailer clear to drop it.

Too busy cutting to take photos. Someone else grabbed a few of me. Also very hot days to be wearing PPE - went through lots of water and Gatorade!

Philbert

image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back