Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a threshing show this weekend as well over by River Falls, WI called the Harvest Fest. Runs this Friday-Sunday (28th-30th). But the only thing going on Friday is a tractor pull that night, all the equipment demonstrations are on Saturday and Sunday. Started going a few years ago and I usually help out on the sawmill and bring a few of the older chainsaws with and putz around with them. It's a smaller show but it's fun. The theme is everything is belt-driven, nothing direct or pto-powered. The thumbnail is of the ad in the paper (has the address), the rest are from a few of the past shows.
Picture1.jpg
Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg
Picture4.jpg
Picture5.jpg
Picture6.jpg

Had a fun time over at Genius's (Ross) house this last weekend in Michigan. It was his first GTG. Minnesota was represented by us, Dieselfitter and family, and 8433Jeff and family. Met a bunch of nice folks there. I now see there are chainsaw races at Grantsburg this weekend. Who is all going? I didn't even know about them, I want to come over.

I talked to Duane on my way home, and it sounds like they will be starting at 10 a.m. fairly informal in the parking lot like we have done it in years past. I will be posting it up on the redneck page on Facebook also.
It is a fun time, but only if there's a good group of folk!! Hoping more than a couple can make it. A good eight or ten folks would be a good start! Hope to see a bunch of y'all there!!

I'll be there on Friday.
I am going to try and go on Thursday - Opening day, when the vendors are still happy to see you and the bathrooms are still clean.

(I'll warn the guys at the STIHL booth to look out for strange guys with beards . . . )

Philbert

Back