Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EAB Hits 10th Minnesota County

http://www.startribune.com/emerald-ash-borer-find-confirmed-in-scott-county/322871221/

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Emerald ash borer has spread to another Minnesota county.

The Minnesota Department of Agriculture on Tuesday confirmed an emerald ash borer infestation in Scott County. The tree-killing invasive pest was found on an ash tree on private property in the city of Prior Lake. The infested tree was discovered through a call to the state Agriculture Department's Arrest the Pest information phone line. Based on the call, department staff visited the site and determined the tree was infested with emerald ash borer.

Because of the find, Scott County will be put under emergency quarantine. The county eventually will become the 10th Minnesota county under a state and federal quarantine aimed at preventing emerald ash borer from spreading. Emerald ash borer was first discovered in Minnesota in 2009.

Philbert

Man I wish they started later in the day. I was complaining to my wife that you guys always do awesome saw and firewood events and I never can make it. I got the look so I changed the subject. Lol.
Ur welcome to come over to my place and help me split some wood! It can be a mini gtg!

Truck update: ended up taking the truck to my wife's relatives at Wagamon Bros. Ended up being up a faulty fuel pump that I got from a buddies buddy. Dang! So they got it running and it had a miss on cylinder 1 and 6. They said it barely misses anymore and the more I use it It should go away with the new gas flowing through it.

I go to pick it up and drove it home and come to find out the brake pedal goes to the floor. The brakes work but not safe in my opinion. So I'll need to dig into that or bring it back to the shop. Hoping to try bleeding the brakes and hopefully thay does the trick. Pending getting through the rusty bleeder valves.
May need to replace a few brake lines in the process. Only sections that are rusty and old looking are from the pumpkin to the brakes on either side. The rest of the rear brake lines look fairly new.

Wish I could make the grantsberg races but am to busy slinging firewood and all that that entails. It never ends. But is worth it in every way.

Have fun all!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ur welcome to come over to my place and help me split some wood! It can be a mini gtg!

Truck update: ended up taking the truck to my wife's relatives at Wagamon Bros. Ended up being up a faulty fuel pump that I got from a buddies buddy. Dang! So they got it running and it had a miss on cylinder 1 and 6. They said it barely misses anymore and the more I use it It should go away with the new gas flowing through it.

I go to pick it up and drove it home and come to find out the brake pedal goes to the floor. The brakes work but not safe in my opinion. So I'll need to dig into that or bring it back to the shop. Hoping to try bleeding the brakes and hopefully thay does the trick. Pending getting through the rusty bleeder valves.
May need to replace a few brake lines in the process. Only sections that are rusty and old looking are from the pumpkin to the brakes on either side. The rest of the rear brake lines look fairly new.

Wish I could make the grantsberg races but am to busy slinging firewood and all that that entails. It never ends. But is worth it in every way.

Have fun all!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I had to replace the lines from master cylinder and back to rear wheels. Wheel cylinders were shot too once I broke the bleeders off.

Good luck!

We do need to get together soon. I can help noodle your wood supply with my new saw and you can try out the new husky axe.

I am going to try and go on Thursday - Opening day, when the vendors are still happy to see you and the bathrooms are still clean.

(I'll warn the guys at the STIHL booth to look out for strange guys with beards . . . )

Philbert

The first Friday I went up the Stihl reps that day would talk to you, but as soon as I mentioned any chainsaw model that didn't start with "MS" they lost all interest. Maybe the Dolmar shirt and Jonsered hat didn't help...the next Friday there was someone there who would talk to you about the older stuff.

The first Friday I went up the Stihl reps that day would talk to you, . . .

Some are local dealers just looking for sales leads. Some are from the regional distributor. Occasionally, there will be a national customer service rep there - I had a long conversation with one who was quite knowledgeable about the newer battery powered equipment, the just released (back then) 461, and some of their business perspectives. Very helpful. Very interesting. Most of us are chainsaw enthusiasts, but STIHL sees that as only part of their market.

Philbert

I won't be shy offering my opinion.
Well, it's an axe...
So inherently, it falls short of the tool that makes all men more productive firewood providers..

Da splidder eh?

No amount of money surpasses the boundaries of rationality if tossed toward the machine geared toward replacing the drudgery known as hand splitting.
Da scourge of da wood cutter eh?

Speaking of brand reps, I met the regional Husky rep at Doug's Power Equipment in Blaine two years ago. Seemed like a good guy. I wanted to test out their 576 but they didn't have a bar for it then.

Back