Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy & Sara, i would be up for joining a gtg at your place again depending on the weekend. Would like to start making it to some again, just made a job chance and will now have my weekends back. Only thing i have to work around is my weekends for Uncle Sam.
We would be glad to have you come up. Hope the new job goes well for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

112515.png

Another doe today. Now maybe I can finally fill my buck tag...had one following it but all I saw was the tail running away though the brush. But the rifle has an interesting backstory-started off in 1915 as a G98, rebuilt in WWII into a K98, then given to Israel where they converted it to 7.62mm/.308 (late 50s/early 60s?), receiver has "7.62" stamped on it. One can only imagine what this rifle's seen. Don't remember excatly when dad got it or if he put it into the sporter stock either.

View attachment 464091

Another doe today. Now maybe I can finally fill my buck tag...had one following it but all I saw was the tail running away though the brush. But the rifle has an interesting backstory-started off in 1915 as a G98, rebuilt in WWII into a K98, then given to Israel where they converted it to 7.62mm/.308 (late 50s/early 60s?), receiver has "7.62" stamped on it. One can only imagine what this rifle's seen. Don't remember excatly when dad got it or if he put it into the sporter stock either.

I have an Israeli Mauser too. Mine is marked dou 1945. Also has the 7.62 stamping. All the nazi markings are peened on it. Otherwise it looks brand new unissued. Yep the stories they could tell.

This one is stamped "Danzig 1915" with a crown on the top of the receiver, there's a 1920's date too but the 7.62 stamping hides the last number. All the proof marks on the receiver are WWI Imperial German markings. The only WWII marking is on the bolt, 1 small "waffenamp" (spelling?) that wasn't removed. Only the bolt's main body has a serial number, all the other normally numbered parts are blank or are stamped with a 2-digit number.

. Had a buddy come and pull cedar trees, have to reseed next yr for crp.

From the Hills

Probably a good time to do it, as I would thing the ground is nice and soft after all this rain. That stuff can hold off so I can get in the woods at least one more time this year.

How many trees did he uproot Mark? Seemed to come up pretty easily.

Taking a road trip to Treemonkey's shop tomorrow. Been a long time since we've seen him. Looking forward to hearing how things are going.

Going over that way next week. Need to get a chain of .404 lengthened for my 075. The only shop around here that could handle .404 closed and no one else bothers with that size in this area.

Probably a good time to do it, as I would thing the ground is nice and soft after all this rain. That stuff can hold off so I can get in the woods at least one more time this year.

How many trees did he uproot Mark? Seemed to come up pretty easily.
80 or so, haven't counted yet

From the Hills

Hey guys and gals! Haven't posted here in a long time cuz my phone wouldn't let me log in.

Posting now, to let you know I am doing a charity woodcutting event The 12th of December for a local Stihl dealer, former logger, who has become too frail to cut firewood. He is in his 80's, and still runs the shop along with his wife.

The site is between Cambridge and Princeton, south of hi way 95, so it's easy to get to.

I don't need to tell this group the spiritual rewards of doing a good deed, that's for sure! Or the fun involved in a bunch of like minded folk getting together!

If you can make it, reply here, pm me, or call me at 612-770-0604.

Thank you in advance!
Ted

Back