Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of rain and wind here, mostly just small branches and leaves for damage. Some corn fields are a mess too. Did have 1 tree down in the ditch on the way to work but it was a small popular. However 2 coworkers over by the Durand, Wis. area had much more damage, one had a tree on their house, the other just called in and said they wouldn't be in due to clean up.

Ok, alright, our little mini truck getting vacation is over, time to turn our attention to getting a gtg ready!!!

Here's the tentative schedule to refresh everything:

Friday - come on over, feel free to camp on our property or stay at one of the local hotels (If you're from out of town, look at the town of North Branch- closest hotels) Hang out, compare saws, talk saws, cut wood.
Saturday - Morning - breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day, let's not kid ourselves.Commence to talking saws & cutting wood into smaller pieces.
Midday (around 1) we'll head up to the Chisago County fair at Rush City to set up for races that start around 4pm. (1 town north of us) We have been hosting a chainsaw racing event for the last 3 years there. It's informal, non-timed, meant to be fun. Classes include Stock & Modified, all sizes, and antiques. It's developed a decent following at the fair, we'd love to have you there so we've got a big crew! And if you've got your family with you, they have a whole county fair to walk around if they get bored.
Afternoon / evening - check out the fair & head on back to the Dodgegeek's house (Andy & Sarah) for more chainsaw talk & camp fire & things & stuff.
Sunday - Sleep in, recover, whatever you need, and head on home.
Hope to see you there! Please indicate if you'll be attending, so we're sure to have enough stuff!

Menu - I'm staying pretty casual on this front. When I try to over plan, it usually doesn't work well for me!
Friday:
Snacks throughout the afternoon
Dinner: Northern pike fish fry bonus for early arrivers around 7 pm
Saturday:
Breakfast (probably serving around 8 am)Bacon & something else. (Long as there's bacon, who cares?)
Snacks throughout the day
Dinner- (probably around 7 again) for those who haven't already fended for themselves on fair food, we'll pass the hat and order pizzas- we have a great pizza place nearby.
Sunday:
Breakfast of bacon and whatever for those remaining. (Served when we're up and ready to eat)
Feel free to bring something to share as well.

So... that having been said, who's coming! I'll start there list with a few I think have already said they're coming (I ain't gonna git all y'all, so don't take no offense)

Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Jonsered racket /Dale /Adam
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip

Please add or subtract as needed.

Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip
Philbert
SVK-races for sure and probably at Dodgegeeks

Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip
Philbert
Mortalitool races for sure, maybe Friday at dodgegeeks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dodgegeeks
Dieselfitter
Hedgerows (all 4?)
Genius' (4 genius's?)
Old guy
5r-inc
Pele55
Lumberjackchef
Derrick Johnson
Heavyfuel
Sam-tip + Mrs Sam-tip
Philbert
Mortalitool races for sure, maybe Friday at dodgegeeks.

Mini Truck! Sweet!

Back