Modding a Dolmar PS9010: Video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's a saw you don't see very often. This is a 90cc saw. It's kind of old school in it's design, but is a great runner both stock and modded. In the vid here, the first few cuts shown are with the saw bone stock in some softish Basswood. In the ported vid, the wood is some very hard Pin Oak and the bar buried. The chain needs the rakes dropped to really perform, but you can still get a good idea of how the saw's performing.

Last edited:
Nice sounding saw after mods. How does it compare to a 390 or 660?

Holds the rpms very nicely after the porting.

Just checked pricing, those things are expensive!.

Last edited:
Did you do anything to the muffler? I was amazed at how choked up the stock muffler on the 9010.

Opened up the entire end of the cage, and majorly opened the original exhaust exit hole. I felt I had sufficient surface area that I didn't need another port. In the vid, I still have the spark arrestor screen installed, so if he wants more area, all he has to do is remove the screen. Of course, there's pleny of room on that huge muffler to add an additional port if so desired.

That is what i did to mine. Took out all the guts and opened the stock hole as big as I could. Louder than hell though.

MSRP is over $1200.00!.

I paid $900-ish for mine this spring. I don't know how availability is anymore- I'm pretty sure they are an EPA casualty. Bailey's had Solo 694s which are the same saw for about that price, but I think those are long gone. They don't seem to show up for me on the site at least.

Latest posts

Back