Money burns a hole in the pocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShermanC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Mountain View, AR 2-1/2 hours north of Little Rock
Last Monday I removed part of a white oak tree perched above a farm house. It was a healthy two-trunk co-dominant tree. The 18 or so major limbs provided a lot of firewood for the home owner. The job provided a nice commission to my ground man who referred the job. But I forgot to pay him until Wednesday when we were on another job felling two 30" diam. post oaks grown next to a house. Those two provided five superb logs (100" length) that my ground man wanted for his portable Wood Mizer LT-10. He negotiated price with our customer then said "I'll get my money from my wallet in the truck". I stopped him saying "wait, I owe you $50 for commission on Monday's job so here...he had $50 for about two seconds when he gave it to the log seller customer. We all laughed at how quickly commission can burn a hole in the pocket.

After he gets those White Oak logs run through the mill, he'll be sitting on a pile of cash or a lot of nice lumber for projects he has. Definitely a win win for him!

BTW, White Oak makes some really nice slabs on an LT10(I know, I got one)!

9222310439_b00369685d_b.jpg

9222316343_4f64a39d9a_b.jpg

These were some I did for a customer. Not huge, but yielded some awesome slabs for table tops(what he was going to make)!! So have your 'ground guy' show his off when he gets them done!!!!

Scott (little heavy though) B

Scott,

Good looking stuff !!

Hopefully the live edge will hold. Adds a nice contrast for color and texture. I like wormholes !! :D

Back