mono chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelite360

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about mono chain saws. i got one given to me and i know absolutley nothing about it cause it is missing all forms of id cept the side cover the says mono over the clutch. it has a 22" oregon Armor Tip bar on it with a 7/16" pitch chain. any information on the saws in general or expierence with them would be apprecieated. thanks.

Mono Chain Saws were manufactured by the MONO Manufacturing Co of Springfield Missouri during the 1950's. They did not build their own motor but used Power Products Engines. They were an early form of "occasional user" saw. Compared to saws built by the major manufacturers they were a bit on the crude side, usually magnesium sand castings and no frills.

i noticed that it looked real lightly built. i think that i am just goign to hang it on the wall and look at it cause it is missing more parts than i would like to look for. but it will be something differnt for me to talk about.

all but one of my homelites run cept one. which i am currnetly workign on restoring. it is a model 26LCS. but that mono has no fluds in it right now to leak so i am all set :laugh:. up on the wall goes another one.

Hey guys. Speaking of Monos, I found an old one out in the very back of our shed. It's mostly red and has no bar/chain. I pulled on the rope slowly and it makes great compression. I think it's knocking on the crankcase, though. It's not very big. It weighs about 10 some odd pounds. It has all the parts necessary for running, except for the bar and chain I mentioned. I'm gonna ask my Dad if we can keep it and restore it. I believe it's from the '50's, I think. So is it worth keepin' and restorin'? OR will it end up like the Homelite???????:confused:

Robert,
Since you already have it keep it. I'd fix it up for something fun to do. I've seen them on Ebay and they never get very much so I'd just keep it.

Yeah, we decided we'd keep it and fix it during the summer for a project to keep us busy. I just have no idea how to find the model ##'s. I can make out the word "mono" on both sides of the gas and bar oil tanks and recoil starter, but I don't know what model it is. Any help? Thanks!:blob2:

I owned a Mono once. It was a large saw(don't recall the displacement) the engine was a Tecumseh 2 cycle. The saw was green. It was about worn out when I got it. I cut a couple of stumps with it then the compression faded and so did my interest.

Talk to George Ruggles at Oregon chain tech department and ask him. WWW. oregonchain. com

Back