Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

More proof AXMEN is FAKE

Discussion in 'AxMen Fan Forum' started by tom reinbolt, Mar 8, 2014.

1. ValleyFirewood

ValleyFirewood Addicted to ArboristSite

I don't think most folks do anymore.

I usually work till 8-10 at night, then go home, eat supper, do housework/chores if needed and go to bed. I might watch 20mins of TV while eating.

Most of my friends don't have cable, wasn't worth the $50+ a month. I do mostly because the guy I rent part of my house to watches a fair bit of TV.

2. Ranchers-son

Ranchers-son ArboristSite Member

I liked the first season of axe men , gold rush, ect. Still watch Alaska the last frontier. It's interesting to see other people's jobs. Past the first season is bs. When things are running right and smooth it's boring. Means we're doing a good job. Alaska the last frontier doesn't have the fighting or rivalry although it is funny to watch the staged stuff and the new equipment bought with money from the show that they try to disguise something they had laying around. I don't blame them though I'm a farmer/ rancher and money is money and I'm secretly in love with Alaska.

chucker likes this.
  3. Stihl 041S

Stihl 041S Tree Freak

That and they can run to town for a pizza......lol

chucker likes this.
  4. woodchip rookie

woodchip rookie ArboristSite Operative

I cant believe there's a dedicated forum to a fake tv show.

5. capetrees

capetrees Addicted to ArboristSite

fake shows, fake lives, fakes news.

It's the digital era. Instead of doing, some watch others do it.

6. woodchip rookie

woodchip rookie ArboristSite Operative

I dont own a tv. We always had a tv growing up and everybody I have ever lived with had one but technically I have never personally owned a tv.

7. turnkey4099

turnkey4099 Tree Freak

It didn't start ou t that bad. This forum bega, IINM before the series aired and was eagerly awaited. It only took a few episodes for the fakery to become too obvious to stomach.

windthrown likes this.
  8. windthrown

windthrown 361 Junkie

When they were casting cables with yoders I stopped watching it. Never mind the staged scenes, BS methods, and cooked up feuds. Funny though that every one of those first year show logging outfits was visited by OSHA and were handed citations and violations within a few months of the show airing. And then there was that goon that was stupid enough to salvage log the rivers in WA state and show it on TV. He got busted and was run out of the PNW on a rail. Then there was that moron on the show that got into all the fights, and was busted in real life for beating up a guy really bad at a party in Banks I think it was. He is known for being a real douchebag in Forest Grove.

I read that it was the same on the Alaska gold show. MSHA and the state showed up and closed them down for violations. All they had to do was watch TV and look for issues. No brainer. Do a Google search on "Gold Rush" and you will find that show is also totally fake. If you really want to do something, do not invite a TV crew along with you. If you want TV fame, go to Hollywood and become a waiter, and audition for shows and commercials in your time off. Maybe you will get lucky. Reality TV is no more real than "fakeality" in Hollywood. Its all staged and heavily edited. They can make anyone look like anything that they want.

SeMoTony likes this.
  9. flushcut

flushcut Addicted to ArboristSite

Who is the guy that got busted for fighting?

10. GaTrapper

GaTrapper ArboristSite Lurker

What ever happened to the show Swamp Loggers?

11. windthrown

windthrown 361 Junkie

I forget his name. I posted it here a long time ago in an Axe Men thread.

12. windthrown

windthrown 361 Junkie

It was cancelled in 2012 after 3 seasons/36 episodes.

13. Dennis Gauge

Dennis Gauge ArboristSite Operative

Yeah, because it wasn't over the top with manufactured drama. Nobody watched it.

I've made the point time and again, that you can only watch so much "cut tree down, load tree on truck, lather, rinse, repeat" before you are BORED TO DEATH of it and stop watching. That's a 15-minute segment on the old Dirty Jobs show, not a series with staying power, which is what networks want.

This is all moot now because the show has been canceled for what, TWO years now? This forum really should be closed down.

ValleyFirewood likes this.
  14. jrider

jrider Addicted to ArboristSite

Outside of live sports, I can't think of any shows on TV that aren't scripted. Some portray the truth more than others but they all have writers who want the show to be what they want it to be.

15. hayboy

hayboy ArboristSite Operative

Never watched AxMen, but a friend of mine went to the first episode brothers logging site in Oregon . His family was in market for a track cutter, JD and TigerCat sent them to watch machines working on the west coast. Was not impressed with the JD , then they drove to the tv guys site where they stayed most of the day watching the TigerCat. Got back to Mississippi , bought a TC, been happy ever since. He has over 600 videos on youtube cotontop3 TDK Logging

16. Jhenderson

Jhenderson ArboristSite Lurker

Actually, Goodson all terrain logging declined to renew the contract. He said the tv crew and producers were very nice but filming took to much time and got in the way of production. I've seen him at a couple of N.E. forestry expo events and he seems to be a genuinely nic guy.

17. mohick

mohick ArboristSite Operative

I agree with woodchip rookie!! Why a forum here it's unreal just like fake wresteling and other forms of entertainment so why a forum!!!

18. ValleyFirewood

The production company that does Axeman had called me a few years ago wanting to film my operation. (never said they were with Axeman, but I looked up the production co).

I considered it briefly, wanted to have full control of what would make it to TV. They said no way so I said no thanks.

Not that I do anything shady, but still didn't need to be criticized by every keyboard warrior and letter agency.

windthrown likes this.
  19. ValleyFirewood

I think Tim talked about me on 9ne of his shows. I had sent him some swag a while back.

20. windthrown

windthrown 361 Junkie

Very smart move on your part. They are shady from start to finish. Also they can make you look like anyone and anything that they want with editing. They can throw in every bad shot of you and make you look like the biggest turd in Alaska. Or they can make you look like an idiot by adding every shot of you dropping tools and spilling coffee (set up by them, of course). Them like in the AxeMen and the Alaska gold show, the local officials come knocking and point out every infraction that you have done on TV, or that they see on your lot. The Alaska authorities closed down some gold mining operations that way seeing the gold mining shows on TV, and in Oregon, ~every~ logging company that was filmed the first year on AxeMen got a visit from OSHA within a few months of the shows airing. Before the shows aired, those logging companies had never even seen OSHA on site before. Then of course there was the fool logging the rivers in Washington state that was busted wide open for illegally harvesting logs there on AxeMen. Open and shut case in court. Just look at the TV screen, ladies and gentlemen of the jury... you do not need the authorities crawling up your arse. Or the letters from viewers thinking that you are personally destroying the Boreal forests. Or OSHA seeing you drop start a saw. God forbid!

ValleyFirewood likes this.