Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

More proof AXMEN is FAKE

Discussion in 'AxMen Fan Forum' started by tom reinbolt, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Nathan lassley

Nathan lassley ArboristSite Guru

Thankfully Axmen is no more. Osha is the reason some of them said bye bye, then they get some guys like Zitterkopf on the show which is really bad for public perception. Nothing like seeing a drug addled fool yank his tooth out for the camera.

I know people who think gold rush is real and I say tell me how a guy like Todd Hoffman doesn't make a dime in three or four seasons keep spending millions a season on new equipment.

2lungs likes this.
  2. flushcut

flushcut Addicted to ArboristSite

I'll tell you how Discovery Channels check book.

Nathan lassley likes this.
  3. Jim Timber

Jim Timber 1/4 bubble off

Hoffman's gear is all leased per his own admittance on the show. Still doesn't make him any less of a tool. I'm gonna get 5,000 ounces this year too! There's gotta be pay in my backyard somewhere - I just need to get the overburden off so I can sluice it. :laughing:

4. Nathan lassley

He gets 400,000 a season from the show from what I could find. The reason "dakota" fred isn't on the show now is because Todd's crew was getting all the attention.

5. Jim Timber

That'd explain the fist fight this year. Fake drama.

I do like watching the mining. I liked watching the logging on Axmen and hated the drama. Funny how we have shows about real work and they devolve into fake drama, yet there's no shows about office jobs which have more than enough real drama but no work worth watching (not that office people don't do work - they do).

6. Nathan lassley

And thats why I miss dirty jobs. No drama other than the possibility of seeing mike rowe or the crew fall in poo.

Jim Timber and Stihl 041S like this.
  7. ValleyFirewood

ValleyFirewood Addicted to ArboristSite

The mining show still plays? I haven't seen it in a couple years.

8. Jim Timber

Gold Rush just ended season 7 last week. Next up: Parker and Rick are taking a trek to follow the path the gold rush hopefuls took at the turn of the 20th century. Friday nights at 8 around here (CST). It's been interesting seeing Parker grow up over the years. I've been watching the show since the pilot premiered. Todd's still a jackass, and Parker is maturing into a better man.

Dirty Jobs and Made in America remain high on my favorites list, along with How It's Made and shows like them.