Motomix vs. Trufuel vs. VP vs Non-E 94 + Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
true fuel 40:1 and 50:1 in the 1 gallon cans is 17.99 plus tax here or the quart cans are 5.99 plus tax.
I noticed the other day that the TruFuel "gallon" can is only 110oz. not 128oz. so they're ripping you off for 18oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't buy it anyways, not cost effective for me i just buy the e0 90 octane gas at the pump and mix some lube with it.
i burn about 2-3 gallons in the woods anyway.

I noticed the other day that the TruFuel "gallon" can is only 110oz. not 128oz. so they're ripping you off for 18oz.

I didn't know that. I don't buy the "one gallon" containers anyways, but still good to know.

i don't buy it anyways, not cost effective for me i just buy the e0 90 octane gas at the pump and mix some lube with it.
i burn about 2-3 gallons in the woods anyway.
Yeah i hear ya.....i didn't me you i just meant in general they're ripping people off advertising it as a gallon.

my friend gave me some empty quart true fuel cans and they are nice for bar oil, beats pouring oil everywhere from a gallon jug

Yeah i hear ya.....i didn't me you i just meant in general they're ripping people off advertising it as a gallon.

no harm no foul i know what you meant yeah those premix fuel companys like sticking a pole with no lube on it in peoples butt

Premixed fuel is ridiculous as far as the pricing goes. I bought some 40:1 tru-fuel to run my 2 cycles dry on for storage just for added insurance, the equipment seems to like the fuel.

Remember fellas, this stuff isnt like normal gasoline. Alkylate petrol is a different animal. Info from aspen below

Aspen is available as a pre-mixed 2-stroke fuel and 4-stroke fuel is suitable for strimmers to model cars and lawnmowers to camping stoves
Alkylate petrol = environmental petrol

What we refer to in everyday language as environmental petrol is alkylate petrol. The name comes from the word alkylation, which is the name of the process used to extract the raw product.

From gas to liquid
The alkylation process takes place at oil refineries through surplus gases from the crude oil distillation and cracking plant being mixed. The result is a liquid (alkylate) which is the purest extractable petroleum product.

The alkylate is then mixed with a number of other components and we now have a finished product - the Aspen alyklate petrol, ready to be used in most small engines.

79b9e9cf2014032f36b163333001d775.jpg

Better for your health, the engine and our environment

When you use Aspen environmental petrol, you avoid dangerous substances such as benzene and aromatic hydrocarbons, substances that can cause serious health problems. The engine is also treated more kindly, for example, the spark plug and combustion chamber are kept cleaner. As Aspen is also ethanol free, the petrol can be stored safely and even after long periods of no use, your engine starts without any problems if your tank has been filled with Aspen environmental petrol. Environmentally, there are numerous benefits, e.g. the formation of ground-level ozone (smog) is reduced by more than 50%.

Maximum efficiency
Small engines are often uncomplicated and are technically simple engines with less than optimal combustion rates. This means that much of the fuel escapes unused. This, in turn, has a negative impact on both the environment and you, the user.

The following machines benefit from Aspen environmental petrol: Lawn mowers, grass trimmers, snowblowers, rotavators, outboards, chain saws, clearing saws, hedge shears, mopeds, generators, motorcycles.

With or without oil
There are two main variations of our petrol: Aspen 2 and Aspen 4:

Aspen 2 is a ready-mixed petrol with 2 % fully synthetic two-stroke oil. Aspen 2 is used for all two-stroke engines except outboards, which need the addition of a special outboard oil. Aspen 4 is not mixed and is used in four-stroke engines and two-stroke engines with separate lubrication.

I run 89 E-free from a pump down the road, and I trust the pump to be calibrated properly, but I generally stop pumping a little short of a gallon. Then I add a bottle of Stihl Ultra, put the cap on the container, and shake vigorously.

I always shake it again before fueling a saw to make sure it's blended well. Just the way I was raised I guess.

It does make sense to me that running a saw on fuel that had not been mixed well could cause problems.

If your running 2 gallons of fuel mixed with the 2.5 gallon oil container you game more oil in the mix . That is less fuel . If your saw was set from the dealer properly on 50:1 mix you would have been lean using your mix .. This could cause your failure. Old stale fuel is just as bad. More oil is better if and only if you adjust your carb properly for your mix ratio.
I use av fuel here . Shelf life of over 2 years and just today 4:55 a gallon .

av gas is 6.98 per gallon here 90 octane ethanol free is 3.11
so i use 90.

i burn that gas in everything even my old gmc its the best since sliced PIE.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't AV fuel LL (low lead)? Why not run 114 LL from a dirt track? Would probably be half the cost of AV ?

Remember more octane is not a good thing. AV is only 100, race gas is 114, Stihl only calls for 90 I think. AV Gas last I checked is also cheaper (here anyway) than race gas. Last I bought AV it was $5.25/gl round the same time race gas was >$7/gl.

Doing the math, 1 gl AV + 4 gl 87 E-00 works out to 89.6 Octane.

Lucky for me, the E-free station is on the way to/from the local airfield. I buy 1 gl AV, 4 gl 87, throw in 6 2.6 oz bottles of Stihl Ultra mix, shake & store, I have 41:1.

dw

I have two stations here in town that sell E Free 89. I pay $3.229 per gallon.
I live near Redding, Ca. so you know what that means... E-Free is about 75% higher than regular gas, which is also way higher than what most of you are paying. :(

I live near Redding, Ca. so you know what that means... E-Free is about 75% higher than regular gas, which is also way higher than what most of you are paying. :(
things are different from state to state ethanol free is only 10 cents higher than premium here. the only reason i can think it cost more in your area is because of emissions in your state and taxes and the availability of the product?

And only about 50 octane, guaranteed to detonate a nice hole in the slug or jug...

dw
i got a bunch of it for free one time maybe 20 gallons and i burned it in my lawnmower it sure did smell funny but it works fine in a low compression lawn mower.

Back