Motomix vs. Trufuel vs. VP vs Non-E 94 + Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every oil that I tried for this will lay on the bottom and side where I pour it into the jug.
dump the gas in on top and the oil never completely gets hosed off the side & bottom.
Can be a pain to get a good look if the fuel and oil dyes are close in color, you have to do more of a shadow or darker looking spot from shining a flashlight into the jug and looking up through the bottom.
back in the days when we kids used a gallon milk jug to measure a mix and imediatly pour all of it into a dirt bike, it was easy to see it in those jugs.

nowdays my routine (in 1 gal jug) is to pour roughly an inch of fuel into the container then add the oil then cap it and give a good swirly-sloshy shakeup.
Then i almost top it off and repete the shakeup routine. then top it off and one more shakeup.
I never see any uneven mixing or oil clinging to the sides now.
Hmmm, three times of shaking it. Doesn't that make me OCD or sumthin??

As for oil dosage, I bummed a couple different sizes of graduated marked medicine
bottles from the walgreens that i visit. I wanted 2 sizes so as to do a comparison of the same indicated quantity markings. They appear to be at least or more accurate as my ability to pour water into them.
After having satisfied my OCD, I proceeded to grab a few of the empty pill bottles that i have left every month and did a water fill and marked the lines on them.
I use the pill bottles to dose the oil by and save the un-dirtied "calibration" graduated liquid dope bottles for making new pill bottle markings whenever one gets droped in the dirt or squashed etc.

a bit ghetto and goofy, but then hey that's just me and my entire life.

Back