MS 180 Issues after Complete rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Brad. My intake boot is aftermarket from China. I'm wondering if maybe the internal impulse passage could be clogged or maybe just not to spec?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also,
Here is the compression gauge set I have. Should I try to modify it with fittings to get the schrader valve towards the bottom or just sell it on the bay and find something else?

Thanks

6f4533b0d87ba2dd99c206fd3ae7f6a1.png

Your the man Brad. I appreciate you taking time out for me.

I'll re assess the situation and let y'all know what I find

Looks like the cylinder side of the impulse line is somewhat folded over?

Thanks Harley. I need to check this

Yes the saw ran, but real squirrely. I was about to do a leakdown test, and I noticed a slight pucker/gap, I guess that was where the carb was getting it's impulse from, that little gap.

Make sure the hole on the intake boot is lined up with the hole on the jug....

Did you put the plastic ring back in the boot, is the boot sealing correctly...

Sounds like could be carb, make sure the diaphragms aware in correct order...

Alright I think I have figured out the issue.
This aftermarket intake boot does not seal at the cylinder very well causing an air leak. I have dismantled it three times with the same result so I went ahead and did some customization.

Is this going to work?
It certainly doesn't leak air anymore and I don't have to worry about it coming loose.

64814f750ad3103b9609a5ea4faf4fbb.jpg
60f31704a48050a6a98426afb445286b.jpg

Haha! I paid $5 and got 2 boots along with 2 of those plastic clips.
I suppose sometimes I am my own worst enemy

The hose clamp would likely work better without the white ring, but I would be unsure of the area of where it meets the carb.
What about the little plastic expander, are you using it?

Yes sir I tried that ring by itself and made sure that it was pushed all the way onto the cylinder but when I pressure test it she blows bubble from the top portion of that boot.

I wish I could use something like that metal retainer on the husky 350

Will a hyway piston and rings work in an NWP aftermarket cylinder?

I just tried this mix match this afternoon on the ms180. No air leaks and I replaced the fuel line, filter, and Intake boot with oem.

Before I cranked it up compression was reading only 120 psi which is disappointing. It also has the same bog if you hammer down on the throttle.

I let a couple tanks of fuel idle through it this afternoon and it seems to be running a little bit better but still no where near the pickup I was hoping for.

Do y'all think it will gain compression over time?

Also need to check squish but not sure what I'd be able to do differently even if the squish was insufficient (no base gasket here to delete)

You aren't doing it any favors letting "tanks of fuel idle through". A proper break-in is beyond important.

You aren't doing it any favors letting "tanks of fuel idle through". A proper break-in is beyond important.

Well what would a proper break in consist of? I've read a lot of mixed reviews on this

Latest posts

Back