Ms 180 vs ms 193t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mv7fd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
looking at getting a limbing saw for my wife to help me and I'm looking between the 180 and the 193t which would be best

I can get either stihl pretty cheap know a guy that works at a dealer

Is there a rear handle version of the 193? I know there is a rear handle 201 and there was a rear handle 192.

Ground work? Go rear handle especially for a newbie. Top handle saws can and will kick back and without having the leverage you could have no wife or a injured wife.

I bucked a 14" sycamore today with a 180c with sharp chain made quick work of it. cut most the way through it then used a peavey to turn it over and finish cuts. I'm happy with this saw but got it used for cheap and thought it was going out on me all it needed was idle was set too low. Lets see how long it lasts. I'm working on repairing a 193t if it runs i'm looking forward to using saw thats almost 2 pounds lighter.

I have an old green poulan 2.0 with a 14 inch bar that I got for free. That what I use for stuff 8 inches or less. I'd get the ms180 with a small bar and I think you would be good to go.

Latest posts

Back