MS 200t won't run

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EPout

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a used ms 200t looks to be in good shape. Saw starts runs for a while and then dies, carb just had a kit put in, new impulse line, spark seems good, plug looks to be new. Checked the intake boot looked fine no cracks. Removed fuel line seemed to be good, no cracks. Installed new filter with clean fuel. Tried to tune the saw but never seems to run clean, always wants to die as you start to throttle up. I called the pervious owner he said it had been running good? Not sure if that is the case. I tried spraying wd40 on the clutch side to see if the seals were bad, no luck? I am thinking it is the carb,I am about ready to sell the thing but will try a carb if it will solve the problem. Also tried removing the little piston deal to look at that as per a thread I read on here. The rod wouldn't come out so got a bigger hammer and it wrecked the end of the rod. Just curious what I could have done to prevent this? Thanks in advance

Can you be a little more specific? ie, "runs for a while". Is that seconds, minutes? If it's only running for a few seconds, I'd look to make sure your impulse is hooked up well.

No it runs long enough to warm up but never will clean up where it runs crisp. Dies a few times getting there but never runs good.tried setting low or high screws never helped. I checked the impulse line it was connected on both ends, it is brand new as well.

Ya I read through that article that's what I had figured with the carb. I could see the piston was worn really bad as per the thread. It's the shaft the runs through the carb that has the butterfly on it. The end where the circlip sits is all mangled. Know anyone that has those or can you get them from Stihl?

Back