MS 241 c-m or 543xp or ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The non-Strato Stihl MS192CE is obsolete and it's stock is soon emptied. Although it's been a popular model, it might be replaced with the MS150(T)CE being the worlds lightest chainsaw. Hardly can see a reworked Strato model of the MS192 appearing on the market.
lf the 150tce is the lightest gas chainsaw in the world, it would have to be lighter than my makita 23ccTH @2.5kg.....

20170430_150914.jpg I went to demo a 543 at my local dealer. When I got there the saw tech who has gotten to know me pretty well also had a brand new 241 sitting on the bench fueled and ready to go. I demoed both saws and left with the 241. The 241 does not disappoint! The 543 is light but a 346 it is not.

Well I will say I have an 024...I got it cheap and thought I would fix/clean her up and sell her....after running the saw with a 16" .325 bar, there is NO WAY this saw will ever leave my possession....I have had the bar buried and she may be no speed demon, buts easily gets the job done....if the 241 is only 20% better than the 024, by all means, you will love it!!!

Now I know we will hear how worthless, heavy, slow, and just down right intolerable the ms250 is, but it would suit your needs perfectly too....I actually use mine on removals a lot, with the 16" 3/8 .50 Oregon chain she cuts great!!!

The 250 is a great saw. Anyone else notice it's still in stihls lineup ? Buddy of mine runs 63 ps on his w/16" and loves it for his limb and small wood saw.
Yes sir, it is....I run 16" 3/8 .50 (Oregon lo-pro) on my ms250...I used to run the 18" .325 and it worked fine, but the 16" lo-pro absolutely rips....

I buy the 16" B&C combos 12 at a time and I put them on the ms170-ms250 that I rebuild, they work great on all of them....

View attachment 580966 I went to demo a 543 at my local dealer. When I got there the saw tech who has gotten to know me pretty well also had a brand new 241 sitting on the bench fueled and ready to go. I demoed both saws and left with the 241. The 241 does not disappoint! The 543 is light but a 346 it is not.
Do you have many hours on the 241, I was thinking about one myself...

It has quite a few hours on it. I use it for clearing under brush and limb work. I use it quite a lot in my wood yard trimming off little knots and limbs I missed during load outs. around the house for trimming and cuttin' hickory and pecan cookies for my smoker. It's a little powerhouse. They are pricey though.

Well I will say I have an 024...I got it cheap and thought I would fix/clean her up and sell her....after running the saw with a 16" .325 bar, there is NO WAY this saw will ever leave my possession....I have had the bar buried and she may be no speed demon, buts easily gets the job done....if the 241 is only 20% better than the 024, by all means, you will love it!!!

Now I know we will hear how worthless, heavy, slow, and just down right intolerable the ms250 is, but it would suit your needs perfectly too....I actually use mine on removals a lot, with the 16" 3/8 .50 Oregon chain she cuts great!!!

Im a big 250 fan..they serve their purpose and then some.

Im a big 250 fan..they serve their purpose and then some.
I tell ya man every time I hear someone tell of how bad they are I just wonder if they have really used one or going by what they heard....I won't tell someone their opinion is wrong by any means, but it is perfectly fine for what it is...

I tell ya man every time I hear someone tell of how bad they are I just wonder if they have really used one or going by what they heard....I won't tell someone their opinion is wrong by any means, but it is perfectly fine for what it is...

Absolutely , i converted a few to a rim setup and ran PS on them and then they cut even better..plus its cool you can swap back and forth to .325 if you like.

Being old. My endurance lasts longer if I'm swinging a lighter saw, but not so much if it doesn't start well, or run well. The MS 241 looks like a lightweight powerhouse in good standing.
I ran @farmer steve 241 cutting ash tops last Monday. Was told anything wrist size or bigger was fire wood. Ran forever on a tank of fuel and handled anything the 16" bar would do in one cut and could run it all day without getting tired.

Do you have many hours on the 241, I was thinking about one myself...
i've run gallons of mix thru mine and wore out one chain since this past christmas. i haven't been disappointed yet. the MS 250 doesn't see as much work time now but it was always a good runner with the 63 PS chain.
241 cuttin up a little locust tree.
20170228_142119_resized.jpg

i've run gallons of mix thru mine and wore out one chain since this past christmas. i haven't been disappointed yet. the MS 250 doesn't see as much work time now but it was always a good runner with the 63 PS chain.
241 cuttin up a little locust tree.
View attachment 581091
Very nice!!!

Back