Ms 270

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckie young

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm having problems with my saw after running for awhile it Bogges down and dies not sure what the issue is I do everything by the book

I'm having problems with my saw after running for awhile it Bogges down and dies not sure what the issue is I do everything by the book
How long have you owned the saw? How much use has it had, etc. I agree with Kevin, start simple and try to narrow down the problem by checking one thing at a time, (fresh mix, tank vent, fuel filter, fuel line, impulse line, cranks seals etc. I would also pull the muffler and take a peek at the piston see if any scoring is present. It is a ways down the list, but I have had similar issues with saws that are scored, they will run until they get warm and then they will only run WFO they will die as soon as you let off the throttle. Good luck with it.

Its my first saw and I bought it used about four months ago,as for the fuel mix it high octane gas mixed with the oil 50:1. I only buy a gallon of gas at a time and run what I can and burn the rest later that day on a fire

intake rubber hose may be leaking. 270 & 280 saws have problems with these all the time.

Latest posts

Back