MS 361 vs. MS 360

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats the kinda statement bets is made from joey.. but utoo far away ..i aint coming up thar to win no 20d d ollar bet..:)

None at the store yet..

whats the deal with echo and fixed carbs, everything echo ive ever worked on didnt even have so much as a idle speed screw.

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Sorry, Jim. You gotta look at the OTHER side of the carb. I've owned many Echo tools over the years and have yet to ever see one with a fixed jet carb. Every one has always had all 3 adjustment screws.

Did you say you were a mechanic? :rolleyes:

Ive rebuilt alot of carbs.

all the echos didnt have didly.

walbro carbs.

plastic throttle setup.

no screws cept the ones to take it apart..

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
Echo what? Certainly not chainsaws. We are discussing chainsaws here. You must be thinking of Homelite or Stihl or something.

I cannot call you a liar outright, but you certainly tell an awful lot of half-truths just like a politician or lawyer. Yes, Echo makes some cheap homeowner stuff for HD and the like. I'm not familiar with those products. It would not shock me if a couple of the absolute cheapest weedwhackers or blowers had fixed jet carbs, but I've never seen one. Do you have a link to a parts list with pictures? I won't believe it based on just your words.

So, how many Stihl 260Pro chainsaws have you done carb work on? How about the new 361? Have you worked on any chainsaws? Based on your own statements, you certainly have never touched an Echo chainsaw.

I averaged 8 saws through the shop a day last year. nah i dont work on them at all. dont include trimmers blowers chops saws

I gota pile a mile high of echo 3400s maybe 150 saws that are junked.

One tree service, 3400's is all they use

ive worked on saws trimmers blowers that all had a carb similar to this piece of ????

wyj

most of the 3400 have good carbs.

But im going to tell you once more, The carbs Ive seen on several pieces had NO ADJUSTMETS AT ALL. IDLE SPEED WAS ADJUSTED THROUGH THE CABLE. NO H, NO L,

Echo trimmers, blowers, pole saw, and seen it on a saw..

Seen the same carb on the little cheap 3-400 dolar scooters kids ride around with some chinese motor.
Ice never seen a 026 pro that didnt have a L adjustment.

Also seen it on robin engines (same mfg.) on concrete vibrators,

May have been one of these, but i aint sure.
I could have sworn the one i did last thursday had 3 letters in the model of the carb.. WYA or some ????, i think it was wya which isnt even on walbros site.

echos got a prety good name with the lawn care folks to..dont use many but can tell u my 2 yr old cs 3000 does have adjusments..

Re: carbs

Originally posted by stihltech
One thing I have learned ,never say they never made it like that on any saw, because some one will have one in the shop the next day.

No kidding
Ive gota 064 with a Bing carb on it sitting in the shop..

waiting on my $42 carb kit to arrive

don't know weather you got what i was getting at stihltech,

064 breakdowns on fiche and partssmart dont list a bing carb for a 064

parts

That is exactly what I meant. But then again I have a Zama on an 026. I think somebody at the factory likes messing with our heads at times.
Finally have a 361 on the shelf. Feels real nice. When I demo this one for the customer, we will have to make a lot of cuts.

Jim- did you order that kit directly from Bing? I have a brand new Bing 49 carb for an 064 but it is missing the pulse diaphragm and I have been trying for over a year to get a replacement.

Latest posts

Back