MS180 Aftermarket Cylinder Issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the tank vent is working correctly but I am not certain on how to check this other than turning the saw on its side and cracking the fuel cap, (Same throttle issue persists)
The tank can can be checked by emptying your fuel tank, remove the fuel hose off the carb and put your pressure hose and nipple in the fuel hose and blow slightly to remove any fuel in the line, empty the tank well again and button it up with the cap now take your pressure pump and put on a 5# vacuum and watch the gauge if she falls all is well. If it holds the vent needs service.

Thank you Joe. I will give this a try. I guess testing vacuum is better than pressure in this situation because that would be the same thing the carb is normally doing with the impulses from the pump side of the carburetor?

If you have time would you by chance be able to give a brief explanation of how you test your carbs?
I have the mityvac that allows me to switch between pressure and vacuum but have used it only for checking air leaks in the crank case up until now.

I sure appreciate the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Joe. I will give this a try. I guess testing vacuum is better than pressure in this situation because that would be the same thing the carb is normally doing with the impulses from the pump side of the carburetor?

If you have time would you by chance be able to give a brief explanation of how you test your carbs?
I have the mityvac that allows me to switch between pressure and vacuum but have used it only for checking air leaks in the crank case up until now.

I sure appreciate the help

I can do one better. I will send you a download link with a step by step. Not much to it, its nice to refer back to later when you forget.

So I have replaced just about everything on this saw because i am too far in at this point.
Here is a photo of my new piston and rings through the exhaust port.
Would this have caused my "bog" issues that are shown in this video?

The source of the problem I think was from a leaking intake boot making it run lean.
24b797604a0391aea9b26979b775d050.jpg
eecfc44f908f4eaf82ec06b7aca5728a.jpg

Looks like I have smoked a second piston

Back