Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by bluequill56, Mar 10, 2008.

1. bluequill56

bluequill56 ArboristSite Operative

May 29, 2007
    Short story long:

Was driving past a Pawn Shop and the little voice said, "Go in!! Go in!!!! (The little voice always says that.)

Amoungst the Poulans and Craftsmans on the floor was a cherry little MS180. Some paint off the bar and a little dirty, but no scratches - not even many on the bottom. Very little carbon in the exhaust and no visible wear or scuffs on P&C. Couldn't be much more than a dozen tanks through it.

A hundred bucks later and I'm on my way! A new plug and a quick trip through the carb and she lit right up. Idles and revs great.

Always been leary of the pawn shop horror stories, but I couldn't leave that one behind. Got a friend at the local PD running the serial # to make sure it's not hot. After that, I guess I'll go cut wood.

Been really itching for a rear handle 200. Bet this pushes me over the edge!
  2. treeclimber jul

treeclimber jul ArboristSite Operative

Feb 23, 2005
    You will like the 180, with the narrow chain it cuts fairly fast. Enjoy