Ms280 buffer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooley

Reaction score
I have an ms280 that is pretty flimsy due to the buffers. I noticed on the bottom of the saw I have the one on the back and the one on the front by the handle but there is a splined pin just behind the chain catch that doesent have anything on it. Should there be a buffer there. Can these be ordered as a kit? This is also my first post hoping to learn some things on here.

Did you figure this out? I recently picked up a 280 and was wondering if I was missing a buffet there too. I'm guessing nothing is there from factory. I was hoping to find out what it's purpose was.
I have an ms280 that is pretty flimsy due to the buffers. I noticed on the bottom of the saw I have the one on the back and the one on the front by the handle but there is a splined pin just behind the chain catch that doesent have anything on it. Should there be a buffer there. Can these be ordered as a kit? This is also my first post hoping to learn some things on here.

Back