MS362 C-M bar questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up my MS362 C-M today. I wound up with a 25" ES bar 3/8" pitch and .063 gauge. I am going to buy a 20" bar and a couple of chains. My understanding is that the same rim socket will work with both .050 and .063, is this correct? Owner's manual shows .063, chain and bar selector guide shows .050.

I like that saw with a 20" bar, and I do not use the decompression valve, it starts better when you don't use it.

It will also get noticeably stronger for the first 5-10 tanks of fuel.

Enjoy, it is a VG all around saw.
Mike, thanks, I've got a 20" bar and a couple of chains on order. It's the same weight as my MS290, but slimmer, and obviously more saw. I kick myself occasionally for not listening to my dealer and buying a pro saw when I got the MS290, but I was trying to save a few dollars

Planning any videos? Or at least some nice photos?

When I can't get out to cut or evenings entertainment is a romance movie wifey wants to watch, I prefer to sit down in my office and run chainsaw youtubes - lol:dancing:

No videos, but will post some pictures. There's a lot of good footage on Youtube

Actually, RSL is square, RSLK is square file - Klassic!

They used to have RSK (round file - full chisel - Classic), but they phased it out (some old boxes are still out there).

The same is happening with RSLK, it and RSL are essentially the same now as far as I can tell, and the two are often used interchangeably. RSL loops are now available at Baileys, they were not in the past.

Yes, that is round file full chisel, as is RS. The difference is the shape of the raker. I don't think you can get the Classic any more (even though they show it).

The new RS was initially called RSC (for comfort). I don't think they make the old profile raker any more.

The RSL and RSLK is square file.

Yes, that is round file full chisel, as is RS. The difference is the shape of the raker. I don't think you can get the Classic any more (even though they show it).

The new RS was initially called RSC (for comfort). I don't think they make the old profile raker any more.

The RSL and RSLK is square file.
I found some, is it worth getting over RS? Thanks for all your help.

Not in my opinion. For a very brief time they had RSC (comfort) and RSK (Classic), but since the comfort was smoother and cut just as fast, the Classic soon disappeared. If it is a good price I would not hesitate to get it, but I would not pay as much or more for it.

People don't like a lot of the safety nonsense, but this one had no downside.

Back