MS461 demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look like they kept it looking and probably feels just like the 460. It must be a single barrel deal like the 261 and 372xt.

I see the intake design still stinks. The saw was only run a couple of days, and from all the crap inside it looks like a Husky that has gone a whole season. At least it has a nice filter.

173821d1298700013-461-1-jpg

Is it rev limited? Cat muffler? Trim tabs on the carb? Any other EPA B.S. ?
Either way I'm sure Stihl won't lose it's spot at #1.

I still suspect this thread is a joke, but what do I know????:msp_laugh::msp_laugh:

Boy and what a joke!!!! How do you explain the new shroud moldings? I know....somebody thought it would be hilarious to make a set of $150,000 dies so they could pull the wool over the guys on Arboristsite....yeah, Thats it!!!!!

Boy and what a joke!!!! How do you explain the new shroud moldings? I know....somebody thought it would be hilarious to make a set of $150,000 dies so they could pull the wool over the guys on Arboristsite....yeah, Thats it!!!!!

That's pocket change for Stihl. The 2011 price increases are BS. Just because they made less $ than the previous year doesn't mean they lost money. They still made over 2 Billion euros in profit for 2009. That's 2.75B US.

"Despite the global economic crisis, the revenue generated by the STIHL Group
decreased by only 4.9 percent and amounted to more than 2 billion euros. The
earnings situation was satisfactory despite the decrease in revenue. With an
equity ratio of 65.3 percent, STIHL has a sound financial structure."

http://www.stihl.com/unternehmen/presse/download_reddot/presse/stihl-gb09-e.pdf

That's pocket change for Stihl. The 2011 price increases are BS. Just because they made less $ than the previous year doesn't mean they lost money. They still made over 2 Billion euros in profit for 2009. That's 2.75B US.

"Despite the global economic crisis, the revenue generated by the STIHL Group
decreased by only 4.9 percent and amounted to more than 2 billion euros. The
earnings situation was satisfactory despite the decrease in revenue. With an
equity ratio of 65.3 percent, STIHL has a sound financial structure."

http://www.stihl.com/unternehmen/presse/download_reddot/presse/stihl-gb09-e.pdf

Pocket change or not, No company is gonna blow $150K on a prank...

The air cleaner is the exact one on my MS441C-M-tronic. And the filter is of the same media as the MS261 and works very well. The durability and build quality of the filter is of automotive standards IMO.

Just think if Stihl could pull out a miracle and the 461 would come out either the same weight or a bit lighter, and with more HP!

Time to place an order and wait, again.

I still suspect this thread is a joke, but what do I know????:msp_laugh::msp_laugh:
you mean like most of your statements here, like how stihl copies husky on everything. or how a saw is 2.8 ozs. heavier,or how it does, or does not balance sideways. are you that concerned stihl has a superior product,oh i forgot. unless it is a 346xp supersaw,that falls over every time you set it down it is junk. stop reading us your "facts" and go run a stihl,you will have something to post about then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you mean like most of your statements here, like how stihl copies husky on everything. or how a saw is 2.8 ozs. heavier,or how it does, or does not balance sideways. are you that concerned stihl has a superior product,oh i forgot. unless it is a 346xp supersaw,that falls over every time you set it down it is junk. stop reading us your "facts" and go run a stihl,you will have something to post about then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro-chief, that's his MO, just like yours is to make claims of running lots of prototypes of which you cannot present photos. People have left you alone about this of late, so maybe you should do the same.

Oh snap, you sure put him in his place!

Sarcasm-the-big-bang-theory-8135257-500-281.jpg

Bro-chief, that's his MO, just like yours is to make claims of running lots of prototypes of which you cannot present photos. People have left you alone about this of late, so maybe you should do the same.
what is a bro cheif? which would you like pics of ? pre-pro 362 and my 261 among others are on the bench today as matter of fact. i would love to snap some pics and send them to you,all i need is a phone # and you will have pics. i have nothing to hide from anyone here. i simply choose not to make a documentary of every chainsaw event in my life............bro chief? what is considered lots of claims? 2? 362 & 261,both were available to the public exactly when i said they would be,were they not?????????????

The saw has the rubber mounts. One of our comments of input was a possible spring mount system. The muffler was fitted with the 440/460 dual port, so obviously a two piece. It is a 77cc saw, not sure about the weight.
In May we are supposed to get the same saw with whatever changes made, as well as some of the new 660s, 661s whatever they are going to call them. Evidently there are very little changes to the 660, they are supposedly using their EPA credits on that saw.

To clarify the 461 had over 100 hours on it, I just ran it a couple of days. The intake and air system are actually good.

Pretty much all I know, funny how there are always skeptics - oh well.

The saw has the rubber mounts. One of our comments of input was a possible spring mount system. The muffler was fitted with the 440/460 dual port, so obviously a two piece. It is a 77cc saw, not sure about the weight.
In May we are supposed to get the same saw with whatever changes made, as well as some of the new 660s, 661s whatever they are going to call them. Evidently there are very little changes to the 660, they are supposedly using their EPA credits on that saw.

To clarify the 461 had over 100 hours on it, I just ran it a couple of days. The intake and air system are actually good.

Pretty much all I know, funny how there are always skeptics - oh well.

Thanks for posting its well appreciated :clap:

Back