MS461 demo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people actually use their saws mang. Maybe you need to use yours a little more, at least break them in. :msp_rolleyes:

Hey, now. Play nice.

As for big trees, I guess it does depend on where you are. I have a 90 foot tall Ponderosa by the house that was planted not long ago, and felled a 3' DBH Fir last weekend on a property that has half a dozen 4-5' wide Firs at the entrance.

The 440 seems to have not left a lot of markets. I have seen them for sale in Ireland. Let me see if I can find the guys web site...

Ah, here it is:

East Brothers Machinery

The US isn't the end all, be all, folks. There are a vast array of other markets for chainsaws. However, I am finding we do have a lot more huge trees that need felling compared to other 1st world markets, with the exception of Australia and SA. Australia is 1st world now, right, MCW and Aussie1? ;) Sorta difficult to tell by your photos...

:givebeer::givebeer::givebeer::givebeer:

Yeah they can get big in Nth East Victoria......hardwood!

aussie1-albums183-164417.jpg

Not much in the way of real big trees left in this area. A 25" saw is nice,but we rarly need over a 20' bar here.

There's still plenty of big timber around my parts. :msp_thumbup:

The big Poplars are everywhere. They get huge. Also big Oaks and Maples. Cherry and Ashe trees get to a good size around here also.

Plenty of excuses to wear a big bar. :hmm3grin2orange::msp_thumbup:

So is this 461 and 661 strato ?, M Tronic controlled ?,rev limmited ?,cat muff ? and are they modd, porttable ?.

If ya can answer all these ya must work at Stihl.

You would think that Stihl is getting free exposure of a new model and get the interest going early,the new models have got a lot of people talking which cant be bad can it.

That sucks Jasha. Dave K has pictures of a new 461 that he has over the pond in his mini gtg thread.

Yes it's the unfair way it works. Even if they get good press companys often have this policy. Some years ago whilst serving in HMF we had on loan two Norton Wankel engined bikes on test from the RAF and the press had been trying to get a test for around two years but no go from Norton, anyway one of the guy's was out on patrol where we were stationed in London decided to call into a bike shop and to cut a long story short he allowed a guy to ride the bike to say the manure hit the fan would be an undersatement when SuperBike mag ran the world exclusive test of a Norton Wankel !! The report was very good but that didn't stop the guy almost being discharged and the RAF loosing there test fleet.
It was a very unassuming post by Jasha a couple of pics and no real tech info only that it ran well, so yes in this case they are being a bit snotty with a guy who of all guy's here knows his stuff, the sort of guy they need on there side.

Latest posts

Back