Ms461 Raffle for breast cancer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will keep this post up to date here on AS and the thread on the other site. Here we go:

I'm volunteering to run a raffle for Dan @Paragon Builder who has a buddy whose wife has breast cancer and the bills are piling up. Dan was going to sell his buddy's MS461 to raise funds, but many have suggested a raffle so here we go.

How it works - for each $10 donated you get your name entered into the pot. For example: $100 = 10 entries/chances/name thrown into the fish bowl.

End date/drawing - To be entered into the drawing/raffle. You must have your donations in by midnight August 19th. The drawing will be done Aug 20th or shortly after.

Donations - donations can be done via paypal or if you'd like to send a check/cash please contact myself Eric @malk315 or @Paragon Builder Dan. The paypal address (use Friends and Family please to avoid fees) is [email protected] PLEASE PLEASE include your AS username and real name in the NOTE section of your donation (and nothing else, paypal may have a hissy if they find out its for a raffle)

PRIZES!!! special thanks to those who have donated prizes!!!

1. Husky 262XP with KS jug / HDA87 carb many new parts including seals, carb kit, no base gasket + squish adjusted, ports touched a bit, needs very little PHO from @malk315

2. Husky 576XP from @Onan18 including new jug, @Moparmyway will install to make it work ready.

3. Port job by @tree monkey

4. NOS Total Super Bar 20" Husky small mount from @czed from O P E site

5. 3 new chain loops shipped. Have square or full chisel Oregon 3/8 .050 Ideally 24" or less from @Armbru84

6. Husky 262XP rebuilt and work ready with optional port work (winners choice) from @Paragon Builder

7. Muffler mod by @MillerModSaws (you send muffler to Carl, @svk will cover the cost for him to perform the work and return) OR $50 off a woods port at Miller Mod Saws. from @svk

8. Makita/Dolmar DCS6421 saw -- see pictures in thread on O P E site from @astnmacgto

9. Brand new, never used SIP Protection stretch security pants. Size L. see @CapitaineHaddoc pictures on O P E site. 38-35" waist with 32" length.

10. Woods port from Mastermind Worksaws.

I need reminders of the rest of the prizes -- please PM me and I'll edit this post to add to the prize list or just post in the thread. The first two have this thing at an easy $1000 worth of prizes already! Thanks and all the best to this lady and Dan's bud who could use the help! We are like one big family here and we take care of our own! Cheers.

I will donate one of the following to the raffle:

Muffler mod by @MillerModSaws (you send muffler to Carl, I cover the cost for him to perform the work and return) OR $50 off a woods port at Miller Mod Saws.

Thanks @svk that's awesome. Added to the post above here and I'll add it over on the other site.

Just wanted to mention I never had issue with AS always liked both sites. For me personally I just don't have time to follow multiple sites and most of the folks I've become friends with through GTGs and the like are all over on the other site and probably 90% of them also have accounts here but likely only follow one site because it's tough to follow both. It's all good from my perspective. Glad to see folks are willing to step up for a good cause regardless of history and the like. Cheers.

Thanks @svk that's awesome. Added to the post above here and I'll add it over on the other site.

Just wanted to mention I never had issue with AS always liked both sites. For me personally I just don't have time to follow multiple sites and most of the folks I've become friends with through GTGs and the like are all over on the other site and probably 90% of them also have accounts here but likely only follow one site because it's tough to follow both. It's all good from my perspective. Glad to see folks are willing to step up for a good cause regardless of history and the like. Cheers.
Happy to help. I think paragon builder is a good dude so I'm sure his buddy is too.

It doesn't matter which site folks call home, what matters is helping people who need it. Someday you or I will be in a bind and I hope people will lend a hand if they see one is needed.

A few guys on all of these sites like to talk ****. Funny thing is I never see their names in the donors list on any of the fundraiser threads....:innocent:

Happy to help. I think paragon builder is a good dude so I'm sure his buddy is too.

It doesn't matter which site folks call home, what matters is helping people who need it. Someday you or I will be in a bind and I hope people will lend a hand if they see one is needed.

A few guys on all of these sites like to talk ****. Funny thing is I never see their names in the donors list on any of the fundraiser threads....:innocent:

Can I edit my first post to show that this is a raffle? It doesn't give me the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I edit my first post to show that this is a raffle? It doesn't give me the option.

Dan if you strike out trying to get the title changed let me know and I'll make a new thread with identical title as the other site w/ keyword raffle in the title and then I'll post one final pointer on this thread to the new one.

If any moderators are reading this could you kindly update the title to say that this is a raffle (I'm editing the post with all of the prizes listed on a daily basis) and consider making this a sticky thread.
Thanks!

Well crap -- it looks like posts that are older than a certain threshold can't be edited anymore.

It's now going to get confusing... I'll add new prizes as they come in in new posts and perhaps once in a while completely repost the entire list... going to be really confusing.
I'm trying here, but this is getting discouraging.

Another saw is prize #11 and she is a beauty:

11. Stihl 036 totally gone through with new bearings, seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line & filter, impulse line, rings, squish and base cut, ported and work ready from @Poleman Pictures are in the post on AboristSite.

To answer the questions, you can edit the thread title at any time but posts over x? hours old cannot be edited.

The best way to keep the running list of donated items updated is to quote the previous list then add the new items and delete the "quote" header and footer. Let me know if you have trouble and I can do the first couple for you.

@malk315 updated for ya

How it works
- for each $10 donated you get your name entered into the pot. For example: $100 = 10 entries/chances/name thrown into the fish bowl.

End date/drawing - To be entered into the drawing/raffle. You must have your donations in by midnight August 19th. The drawing will be done Aug 20th or shortly after.

Donations - donations can be done via paypal or if you'd like to send a check/cash please contact myself Eric @malk315 or @Paragon Builder Dan. The paypal address (use Friends and Family please to avoid fees) is [email protected] PLEASE PLEASE include your AS username and real name in the NOTE section of your donation (and nothing else, paypal may have a hissy if they find out its for a raffle)

1. Husky 262XP with KS jug / HDA87 carb many new parts including seals, carb kit, no base gasket + squish adjusted, ports touched a bit, needs very little PHO from @malk315

2. Husky 576XP from @Onan18 including new jug, @Moparmyway will install to make it work ready.

5. 3 new chain loops shipped. Have square or full chisel Oregon 3/8 .050 Ideally 24" or less from @Armbru84

6. Husky 262XP rebuilt and work ready with optional port work (winners choice) from @Paragon Builder

7. Muffler mod by @MillerModSaws (you send muffler to Carl, @svk will cover the cost for him to perform the work and return) OR $50 off a woods port at Miller Mod Saws. from @svk

8. Makita/Dolmar DCS6421 saw -- see pictures in thread on O P E site from @astnmacgto

9. Brand new, never used SIP Protection stretch security pants. Size L. see @CapitaineHaddoc pictures on O P E site. 38-35" waist with 32" length.

10. Woods port from Mastermind Worksaws. @El Moobs

11. Stihl 036 totally gone through with new bearings, seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line & filter, impulse line, rings, squish and base cut, ported and work ready from @Poleman Pictures are in the post on AboristSite.[/QUOTE]

12. NIB Stihl (I think ES) bar 20" 72DL & 2 x new 72DL Carlton chains. from @GCJenks204

@malk315 updated for ya

How it works
- for each $10 donated you get your name entered into the pot. For example: $100 = 10 entries/chances/name thrown into the fish bowl.

11. Stihl 036 totally gone through with new bearings, seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line & filter, impulse line, rings, squish and base cut, ported and work ready from @Poleman Pictures are in the post on AboristSite.

12. NIB Stihl (I think ES) bar 20" 72DL & 2 x new 72DL Carlton chains. from @GCJenks204 [/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve!

If you post here I would be in on a raffle. I refuse to join that site. A few minutes of looking around over there and the drama that all the "cool" guys left here to get away from thankfully took most of it with them.

there is a small site that self moderates 99.9% of the time. some of the real "cool" guys are there.

on way outta town right now, but will get "in" when back next wk.

Updated List:

How it works

11. Stihl 036 totally gone through with new bearings, seals, gaskets, carb kit, fuel line & filter, impulse line, rings, squish and base cut, ported and work ready from @Poleman Pictures are in the post on AboristSite.[/QUOTE]

12. NIB Stihl ES bar 20" 72DL & 2 x new 72DL A1LM Carlton chains. from @GCJenks204

13. Brand new wool w/ nylon chainsaw pants...size 44x32 from @bowtechmadman

Tonight's Update:

How it works

12. NIB Stihl ES bar 20" 72DL & 2 x new 72DL A1LM Carlton chains. from @GCJenks204

14. Winner take his choice from 1 of these. Or heck I'm not picky. If the winner wants a different makita tool we can work out something: 18V LXT Li-Ion 1/2" Hammer driver-drill kit or 18V LXT Li-Ion Impact driver kit from @MillerModSaws

Today's Update!

How it works

14. Winner take his choice from 1 of these. Or heck I'm not picky. If the winner wants a different makita tool we can work out something: 18V LXT Li-Ion 1/2" Hammer driver-drill kit or 18V LXT Li-Ion Impact driver kit from @MillerModSaws

15. Custom built benchmount chainsaw vise from @mycamaro_68

Latest posts

Back