MS661 CSM?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grey

Wood junky
Reaction score
So, my local Stihl dealers are much more willing to negotiate a price (local Husky dealer just quotes me only MSRP!). So, I'm thinking about getting an MS661CM power head only when they come off recall. I've already got a 32", 0.050". 3/8" bar and chains. I could always get some longer bars/chains as needed. Anyone got a66ny feedback? Anyone got an M-tronic Stihl vs. manual adjust carb? I'd really like to know. MS660's should be flying off the shelves for the next couple of months. Would I be better with the adjustability of the MS660?

I have a a 441 m that I milled a few things with until I got my 660. The 441 is a great saw with little vibe and plenty of power. I have not been impressed with my 660 and will most likely sell it and get a 661 once they get the bugs worked out on it. My husq dealer is a joke and so 395 is not an option for me.

A 661 should be fine for milling. I would go to .063" chain unless you want to run lo pro chain on the 32"

There's a nice 394xp just posted in the trading post check it out I also have an Alaska mkiii that is like new only used once.

A 661 should be fine for milling. I would go to .063" chain unless you want to run lo pro chain on the 32"

Might want to check on the availability of chain for ripping, before investing in a bar.... That .063gauge stuff is hard to find per drive link.

Scott (661 is fine) B

Back