Mullet Or Skullet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have a mullet, but I do have long hair and I honestly dont see what the danger is. All you need to do is either tie your hair up in a ponytail or tuck it up under a hat or a bandana.
Honestly, if you all judge a man by the length of his hair, you are pretty shallow.
I used to keep my hair cut really short when I lived with my parents, but then I got out on my own and could do what I wanted, so I grew my hair out. My parents hate my long hair, but its part of who I am, not to mention the fact that women love it. You can think that Im a hippie or a dirtbag or a loser, it really doesnt matter. The bottom line is that I show up every day on time and do my job to the best of my ability. If any boss is so fixated on the length of my hair and cant see the kind of work that I do, perhaps they are the one with the problem.
I have had people judge me because of my hair though. Its funny when it happens, because once they get to know me they realize how stupid they were to judge me because of the length of my hair.
Im not sure what the song is, but theres this song that I think is called, "signs" where the guy talks about how he sees this sign that says, "long-haired hippie people need not apply", so he tucks his hair up under his hat and goes in to ask the man why he wouldnt hire someone like that. Then the man offers to hire him and the guy takes his hat off, exposing his long hair and says, "imagine that, me working for you!" I love that song and its so true. If you would judge someone based upon outward apperance, how sad, pathetic and shallow of you.

tesla covered it.

signs. i believe

Five Man Electrical Band was the original for you youngins.
Long hair, short hair, no hair, leprosy or downs syndrome, MDS will hire you.

Thanks. My ex-girfriend's dad listens to all that classic rock stuff and I do listen to it from time to time (Im more into heavy-metal though), so Ive heard the song plenty of times, I just didnt recall who did that song.
Im only 28, so its a little bit before my time. :)

I saw Tesla live in '89? and had a rockin' mullet at the time. I still got bizness in the front, but the party has long been trimmed short.

I heard a really funny version of Signs on Bob and Tom, I don't know the artist.

The sign said anybody caught tresspassin'
Would be shot on sight
So I jumped the fence, and yelled to the house
"Hey! what gives you the ri..." BANG BANG BANG:clap:

I saw Tesla live in '89? and had a rockin' mullet at the time. I still got bizness in the front, but the party has long been trimmed short.

I heard a really funny version of Signs on Bob and Tom, I don't know the artist.

The sign said anybody caught tresspassin'
Would be shot on sight
So I jumped the fence, and yelled to the house
"Hey! what gives you the ri..." BANG BANG BANG:clap:

I am so happy you came around there my friend. I have always wanted to ask you guys" WHAT IN THE HELL KIND OF TRIP ARE YOU ON?" Just cause I was curious and all, I mean; that head is a riot!
I just give myself a whack in the scalp these days, I don't care. I use a # 5 on the clippers and do it in the shop by the VAC. My hair was long back then cause I didn't cut it, it was a pain either way. I was actually ' nervous' in the chair at those cut and dry places and wanted to spend the money on beer. Besides, chicks dug it.
I would still not want to sit in the barber chair ( I must have a disorder) and the time and gas to get there ain't worth it so I stick to my Wahl's clippers down in the shop with the rest of my tools.
Its kinda like I do my tree work: make the cuts, one a done,see ya next time. Why would I pay 13 bucks for that?
AND your right; you have to respect signs. If I saw on NO TRESSPASSING sign I would not yell , I would scoot around back real quiet to see what was up.

I don't want the crew full of short-hair, white-bread, meat-head, jock-morons on my property.

How's that for stereotyping? Give me a Break, Image isn't everything.

Five Man Electrical Band was the original for you youngins.
Long hair, short hair, no hair, leprosy or downs syndrome, MDS will hire you.

Yeah, I just found this thread today, nice one dan. You should se the newest one, lol, dude shaves his arms- "they get real hairy, and you can see my tattos better". Hands and all, never seen that one before. He carries around a towel everywhere on the jobsite, whiping himself off if he gets even a little sweaty, hanging it around his neck- I'm gonna start calling him "Balboa", lol. Seriously though the other day he had a sweaty a$$ed towel in 2 of my trucks, its F$#@@#$ disgusting. Hes got this gig fat a$$ and needs to lose about 50 pounds, I'll either work him till he breaks and quits or make a man out of him. Till then I just keep throwing out those nasty a$$ed towels, lol.

and for those who just can't picture it.........

http://www.mulletjunky.com/picfix1.htm

How interesting, I would like some history on this hair-style. I know some celtic monks (St. Patrick included) were known as "adz-head". Apparently they would shave or cut short the hair on top of the head and let the back grow long. This was in the 300s.

Way to revive an old thread there bud 😁

The company I work for has a long standing reputation for doing excellent professional work in a timely manner, the crew is always friendly and personable.
As long as we meet that criteria/keep it up, it doesn't matter much how we are presented..
We do have matching work shirts though

Back