Multi phase logging taking its toll.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Bob and Dog beat me to everything I wanted to say, and sure, you can discredit whatever I have to say because I'm a thirty year old college educated engineer whose company does more gross income in two months than you will in your life, with "just" 15 years practical experience .

But, at the end of the day, we all pay our dues. Welcome to life. I can identify with everything that Bob, Barf and Dogs said at least once, and probably more than once in my career, and I can surely expand on each time if you'd like. It's obvious that you have significant disdain for those more educated than you. Sorry that we've upset you. But your ignorance precedes you.

Well, crap. I resorted to ad hominem, albeit after quite a bit of Jameson's. I'll stop before I get really pissed off over something not worth being upset about and get myself banned.
You sir have not one clue as to my education. Isn't college teaching to not assume? I have scratches on my rear older than you son. You may have learned a few things but it sure does not show. Anyway; I have not disdain for education and if you had took the time to read and had an open mind you would of seen that.

You make a point, just as I do on field work type companies. Ceo's for the most part, I believe "skip ethics 101"
However; the true weight of dangerous education exists in DC and its lawyers. I however do understand its better than no law at all. The costs of this education is insurmountable in the over ten million word tax code and regs alone. Just remember it takes highly educated person to reward a bimbo for spilling hot coffee on her privates. If I were the judge, id say; you would have been mad if it were cold case closed. Just examples of education at work :cheers:

You may want to look more into that coffee case before touting it as frivolous. That bimbo was an elderly woman and that coffee was hot enough to cause third degree burns in her legs and thighs.

A world without education at work would not be one you'd want to live in, I promise you that

You may want to look more into that coffee case before touting it as frivolous. That bimbo was an elderly woman and that coffee was hot enough to cause third degree burns in her legs and thighs.

A world without education at work would not be one you'd want to live in, I promise you that
Everyone knows coffee is hot that's like saying i burnt my hand with a torch so i'm entitled? hog wash!! Yes well; education combined with common sense and education combined with wisdom is good when it's the case. All too much that is not the case and we get little snotty nosed brats. Btw much of our modern medicine was derived by the un educated American Indian and it seems they lived fine "just sayin"

Everyone knows coffee is hot that's like saying i burnt my hand with a torch so i'm entitled? hog wash!! Yes well; education combined with common sense and education combined with wisdom is good when it's the case. All too much that is not the case and we get little snotty nosed brats. Btw much of our modern medicine was derived by the un educated American Indian and it seems they lived fine "just sayin"

All coffee is not hot enough to cause third degree burns. Had she consumed it, she likely would have died

Theres idiots across the board. Educated or not in every walk of life. It's your job to steer clear of them in order to stay alive. It's America and we have choices of where and who we work with. Don't like it, move on. Don't like that, start your own. Great generalizations about educated and non educated is like judging a stand of timber by just a few trees. It doesnt work and doesn't pay and you can and will get burned. Like I said there are idiots everywhere. You can try to teach them and if they don't get it, move on. They're just wasting my money and time. Not just as a business owner to an idiot employee but as an employee with an idiot boss, they are wasting your money and time.

All coffee is not hot enough to cause third degree burns. Had she consumed it, she likely would have died
Hahaha all torches aren't lit either. Fact is: she spilled it or she would not of been burnt. Everyone I know tests coffee before drinking,why? Because its hot but I highly doubt drinking a gulp of boiling water would kill you. I'm sure it would hurt. I have hurt myself on too hot scalped potatoes which is worse than coffee as; it takes longer to cool so burns all the way down. The point is; personal responsibility has to come into play somewhere right ?

Theres idiots across the board. Educated or not in every walk of life. It's your job to steer clear of them in order to stay alive. It's America and we have choices of where and who we work with. Don't like it, move on. Don't like that, start your own. Great generalizations about educated and non educated is like judging a stand of timber by just a few trees. It doesnt work and doesn't pay and you can and will get burned. Like I said there are idiots everywhere. You can try to teach them and if they don't get it, move on. They're just wasting my money and time. Not just as a business owner to an idiot employee but as an employee with an idiot boss, they are wasting your money and time.
True that I completely agree.

Hahaha all torches aren't lit either. Fact is: she spilled it or she would not of been burnt. Everyone I know tests coffee before drinking,why? Because its hot but I highly doubt drinking a gulp of boiling water would kill you. I'm sure it would hurt. I have hurt myself on too hot scalped potatoes which is worse than coffee as; it takes longer to cool so burns all the way down. The point is; personal responsibility has to come into play somewhere right ?

You're free to do some research on the case, I'm sure it would change your min. Then again, education is for fools isn't it?

You're free to do some research on the case, I'm sure it would change your min. Then again, education is for fools isn't it?
No, but again; I never implied education was foolish either. I however have said it has become dangerous in many cases and I can back my views up. I also believe education without wisdom is wasted effort but then your opinion might vary!!

I attend in-service trainings, I study every internet article I can find, I read the literature included with new and old saws. In addition I listen to tailgate briefings and more often conduct them. I even read the...stuff posted here. And yep, some days I carry a clipboard, walk fast and look worried when other people beside me are running a saw or operating equipment.

But I guess all that is wrong? Dang I knew I should have left school once I learned sums. Well kinda learned them. Thanks Oly. I wish I was more like you buddy.
I see your buddy golughis.....liked you..that alone says much,,esp when you and a few others,,like slapping ropensaddle... you appear to have wayyy too much edumacaation,,and want everyone to know it.......

buwhahahhahhahahahahahaaaaaa...................................

Oly I never intended to impugn ropensaddle. He seems like a good guy and I've liked him for years. Of course we don't or at least we won't agree on everything but that's just fine. Now you...

Oly I never intended to impugn ropensaddle. He seems like a good guy and I've liked him for years. Of course we don't or at least we won't agree on everything but that's just fine. Now you...
doesnt mattter,,you did...and maybe if youd stop believing EVERYTHING golughis tells you,,it would help...along with pink saw mouth... impung...college. course if you admitted it,,that would mean you made a mistake,, and higher ups dont make those,, called pride...

2dogs you have not said anything to impugn me. We are just having discussion sharing views etc. You have enough wisdom to do so, I can't say that about some here!

I see your buddy golughis.....liked you..that alone says much,,esp when you and a few others,,like slapping ropensaddle... you appear to have wayyy too much edumacaation,,and want everyone to know it.......
I have not seen anyone slapping me or even showing evidence I'm wrong in my views. Remember education brought us the atom bomb care to elaborate how having those will help humanity?

You make a point, just as I do on field work type companies. Ceo's for the most part, I believe "skip ethics 101"
However; the true weight of dangerous education exists in DC and its lawyers. I however do understand its better than no law at all. The costs of this education is insurmountable in the over ten million word tax code and regs alone. Just remember it takes highly educated person to reward a bimbo for spilling hot coffee on her privates. If I were the judge, id say; you would have been mad if it were cold case closed. Just examples of education at work :cheers:
This comment is clearly an example of uneducated ignorance in action. Its the same thing that gets people injured or killed in the field around equipment, out on the shop floor, or because they don't possess the skills/knowledge from on the job experience or through formal education. The fact is, its as much your responsibility as it is your employers to be safe and complacency will get you killed as fast as inexperience.

If this had been your elderly mother you might have felt different. I'd bet you'd eat those words you wrote.

On February 27, 1992, Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman from Albuquerque, New Mexico, ordered a 49-cent cup of coffee from the drive-through window of a local McDonald's restaurant.Liebeck was in the passenger's seat of a 1989 Ford Probe owned by her grandson Chris, which did not have cup holders, and Chris parked the car so that Liebeck could add cream and sugar to her coffee. Liebeck placed the coffee cup between her knees and pulled the far side of the lid toward her to remove it. In the process, she spilled the entire cup of coffee on her lap.[9] Liebeck was wearing cotton sweatpants; they absorbed the coffee and held it against her skin, scalding her thighs, buttocks, and groin.[ Liebeck was taken to the hospital, where it was determined that she had suffered third-degree burns on six percent of her skin and lesser burns over sixteen percent. She remained in the hospital for eight days while she underwent skin grafting. During this period, Liebeck lost 20 pounds (9 kg, nearly 20% of her body weight), reducing her to 83 pounds (38 kg). After the hospital stay, Liebeck needed care for 3 weeks, provided by her daughter.[12] Liebeck suffered permanent disfigurement after the incident and was partially disabled for two years.

Liebeck sought to settle with McDonald's for $20,000 to cover her actual and anticipated expenses. Her past medical expenses were $10,500; her anticipated future medical expenses were approximately $2,500; and her daughter's[12] loss of income was approximately $5,000 for a total of approximately $18,000.[15] Instead, the company offered only $800. When McDonald's refused to raise its offer, Liebeck retained Texas attorney Reed Morgan. Morgan filed suit in New Mexico District Court accusing McDonald's of "gross negligence" for selling coffee that was "unreasonably dangerous" and "defectively manufactured". McDonald's refused Morgan's offer to settle for $90,000. Morgan offered to settle for $300,000, and a mediator suggested $225,000 just before trial, but McDonald's refused these final pre-trial attempts to settle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

Back