my 372 took a dump sunday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
had this saw for i guess almost 4 years,, bought it off fleabay used,, all i have done to it was send it to randy right after i got it,,, was running it sunday to drop a dead standing elm on our land,,,, got the tree down and got it pretty well limbed,, started bucking the trunk and it happened,,,,, 1st couple of cuts was fine then it started falling on its face in the cut,, take it out of the cut and go 1/2 throttle and the rpms would come back up and clear,,, few seconds into the cut again and fall on its face and loose power just like the choke was 1/2 on,,, blowing all kinds of smoke,,, only had a couple of more cuts to make knowing it was not going lean just super rich,,,,, got done and went to the shop with it and pulled the carb apart,,,, metering diaphram was stiff and had the distinctive click to it and the pump side had some black stuff on it like maybe dust figure it was either from the metering diaphram or the fuel line,,,,, screen was clean,,spark plug was black, so i got into my small stash and dug out a new oem fuel line,, fuel filter,, impulse line and spark plug,, got all of that put in and called a buddy of mine and ordered a carb kit,,, got it all back together yesterday and bench tached high side to 13400,, stuck it in some wood tonight and it ran like a scalded ape,,, 4 stroking the way i like it,,,,, ohhh yea,, the first couple of years i used pumped gas from shell,, last couple of years maybe less i have been using 90 octane ethonol free gas,, so i figure the past usage of the pumped gas dried out the diaphrams,, while i had it all apart i gave it a good cleaning,,, looks new again

ok,,,ok,,, i will post a couple of pics this after noon,,, need to clean it back up since i tuned it in wood last night,,,

the 372 is one of them i have had around forever -- one of my favorites .

only thing about the 372xps if you get one later you will build or buy another -- lol-- i suppose it and the ms440 are about my favorite "BIY" saws

glad ya got it back in operation so quickly--

hardly looks used at all :D 3 tanks in 4 years i'm guessing :givebeer: would you sell the recoil to me? :laugh:
when i bought it the guy said he had only run a few tanks through it,,, i have run maybe a dozen through it at the most,,,, it is 95% NOS as far as comdition,,,, 2 small chips on the front of the tanks and a scuff mark on the clutch cover,,, even the bottom side is scuff free,,, i try my best to take care of my saws,,, and no you cant have the recoil:dumb2::dumb2:

Mine get used more than that, or I wouldn't own them!

But your saw does look very nice, and it is clear that you take good care of it.

small dawgs and half wrap makes me sad. i'd never wish that kind of life on any 372 :( :D tell ya what scott. that 372 really does need a home that will beat it up the way it's supposed to be beaten. i'll trade ya a like new 550xp for it :cheers: it's just as shiny, i promise ;)

Latest posts

Back