My Dolmar 7900 and Solo 681.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One bit of advise. I'd recommend that you give the saws a little more warm up time before going WOT. The piston expands faster than the cylinder. So you want to let the cylinder warm up before going after it, or you increase the risk of a cold seizure. It can and has happened, though not often.

I thought the same thing. Those cold start vids had me cringing!!!

Bad saws, though. Great work Brad and Jasha. I keep giving the 372 side glances... Wanna try the 266 and the 288 myself, though.

I do agree on that. Firing off the old Super Wiz is a rush for that very reason. Blast of blue/white smoke for a few seconds until she cleans out. The Macs do it, too, even without vicious throttling.

Just wanted to take a few pics and post'em now that my Windsor bar is finally here.

They saws are very much alike, but definitely have slightly different aesthetics and details.

Here's the 681 with it's new B&C. 24" - pulling 84 links of WoodlandPro 050, 3/8 full chizzy chain.
IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5783.jpg

IMG_5784.jpg

IMG_5785.jpg

IMG_5786.jpg

IMG_5787.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST SET OF THESE PICS ARE ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_5790.jpg

IMG_5791.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5793.jpg

Smooth handle - 7900.
IMG_5794.jpg

Ribbed handle - 681.
IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

There you have it! I shoulda waited to cut with the Solo before I took the pics. It's a bit dusty, but it works.

Last edited:
You should make a calandar with all those pictures! You could have your cats and kittens crawling all over the saws. Maybe a picture in the snow for December.

Nice pics man!

Just an observation, is the Scrench holder pushing the top of the 7900 to the side?

Thanks A-Shine!! :D :cheers:

Nope. It does look like it a bit in the pic though.

I had to cut a 1" section off the rubber so I could get the mount to fit over the spring bracket. It clears perfectly fine with no problems.

It was pushing on the cover at first when it was below the spring, so cutting that small 1" section was a splendd idear.

Sweet pictures. Aesthetically, I can't get around that Dolmar HD filter. Sorry, just can't do it. I like the 681 more.

Funny, I like the low-top filter Dolmar and Solo, but on Huskies, I like the "Kareem Abdul" filters...:monkey:

Back