My first fire of the season.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had a wind chill readding on the weather station Thursday morning of 45F, and the house did feel a bit on the chilly side. It should warm up during the day I figured and got ready to go to the hospital and give moral support to wife and her sister who's hubby is having some test to find out what caused him to pass out last week end and make his defibulator go off.

Turned out to be cloudy all day hard and heavy rain started falling about 4:00 PM so when I got home it felt just as chilly. I had a bit of elm behind the furnace in the stack I keep there so split it into kindling and laid a 8 inch round on top of that fired up the torch and had a fire going in about 5 minutes.
Let it roar for about a half hour then layed another 8 inch round on and choked it down,tite around 7:30 PM.

House is nice and toasty this morning at 6:20 AM. I love my England 28 3500.

:D Al

cool enough to wear a sweat shirt till 10 am and tee shirt till around 3pm before you notice a chill while working in the woods. home time and chair time for ten minutes puts a lite chill in the body for a quick fire "now" ! going on fire # 2 the last few any way's! 80's over the weekend?

Have had a fire most everynight at home for the last 2 weeks. Was able to skip a day or two here and there, was borderline chilly in the house (low 60s), but I'd rather it be that way than trying to sleep when it's 80*!

The shop stove has been going more or less 24/7 for a while. Don't have to worry about getting down here to put wood in, which is nice. Middle of winter it's almost a full time job keeping the place at 50-60* when it's -30* outside. Been a few times I had to chisel ice out of the toilet.

Cant; seem to edit to ad this...

I bought a Honeywell Lyric to hopefully ovoid the shop freezing.

It ties into the WEE-FEE and emails out that it's below a set temp. The few times the shop froze up it was from everyone thinking someone else put wood in the stove.

Latest posts

Back