my little piece of Heaven

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucksnbears

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
bought 33 acres of all wooded riverbottom land and decided to build a small cabin. it ai'n much but keeps alot of guests from trying to stay in it:)

small pot bellied stove i got for free will get it to hot to sleep if stoked full.
sure feels good to go into the warm cabin after a cold sit in a tree waiting for deer.
i feel nothing but TOTAL peace while at the cabin.

I like it!! If I was going to build one again, I'd do something like you.. I once worked for a guy who had a 2 room cabin near St. Cloud,MN. It was so small you could heat it with a candle. He had a mattress in the attic but that was it. He also owned 40A along the lake that was left mostly rustic. When I had asked him why such a small cabin, he said that it keeps his so called friends away and he and his wife could go out there and relax. Looking back, I wish I would have done that. Nice place and just enough land to cut your own wood for heat.. Nice!!

bought 33 acres of all wooded riverbottom land and decided to build a small cabin. it ai'n much but keeps alot of guests from trying to stay in it:)

small pot bellied stove i got for free will get it to hot to sleep if stoked full.
sure feels good to go into the warm cabin after a cold sit in a tree waiting for deer.
i feel nothing but TOTAL peace while at the cabin.

perfect! any inside pix?....

Is he off the ground just in case of the 100year flood every 10yrs??? Envious just like the rest of AS except for me it would need to be next to the water so I can step off the bottom step into my canoe. :guitar:

Back