My local Jonsered dealer switched to Efco : (

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So i stopped into my local jonsered dealer to look around and see if they had anything i needed... When i saw all the Efco's i was pretty disappointed. He explained to me that after tractor supply started carrying jonsered their sales went way down so they weren't ordering as many saws. When the distributer switched from tilson to whoever they have now they said the communication was terrible. So when they tried ordering jonsered parts they said they wouldn't send them since they didn't order enough jonsered saws... I thought this was rediculous, anybody hear anything like this? Now i have to go even further now to get my jonsered stuff:(

Ya our jred dealer carrying them years ago. Real bummer because I liked them a lot better then the stihl dealer.

Should went with husky... not a single one of those in the county... nobody knows the efco name... not even them, I was explaining the straight handle instead of the angled ones and he said their both the same then I had to show him...

your right, as usual. the only brands worth owning,,are stihl cadillacs,,and huskys....................................the saw mindset of this forum is atrocious..........:dizzy::dizzy:

Id say they make a fine saw, but their parts avail, limited number of dealers, and the way they treat the dealers leaves a lot to be desired. There was a thread about Efco Warranty some years back, and I can't put my finger on it, but I believe it was from a dealers perspective and not being able to get warranty claims paid. That effects the Consumer in the end.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/no-more-efco-parts.279573/#post-5355137

So i stopped into my local jonsered dealer to look around and see if they had anything i needed... When i saw all the Efco's i was pretty disappointed. He explained to me that after tractor supply started carrying jonsered their sales went way down so they weren't ordering as many saws. When the distributer switched from tilson to whoever they have now they said the communication was terrible. So when they tried ordering jonsered parts they said they wouldn't send them since they didn't order enough jonsered saws... I thought this was rediculous, anybody hear anything like this? Now i have to go even further now to get my jonsered stuff:(

Sorry to hear about that! :(

Id say they make a fine saw, but their parts avail, limited number of dealers, and the way they treat the dealers leaves a lot to be desired. There was a thread about Efco Warranty some years back, and I can't put my finger on it, but I believe it was from a dealers perspective and not being able to get warranty claims paid. That effects the Consumer in the end.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/no-more-efco-parts.279573/#post-5355137

I remember it the same way.

Latest posts

Back