My local Jonsered dealer switched to Efco : (

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id say they make a fine saw, but their parts avail, limited number of dealers, and the way they treat the dealers leaves a lot to be desired. There was a thread about Efco Warranty some years back, and I can't put my finger on it, but I believe it was from a dealers perspective and not being able to get warranty claims paid. That effects the Consumer in the end.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/no-more-efco-parts.279573/#post-5355137
like I told saw troll, I knew BOTH sides,,so unless you either do,,maybe you ought refrain from making any opinions or comments

John Deere dealer in Waterloo, IA went to Stihl after JD dropped there line of saws (EFCO)

Same with the major John Deere dealership (Brookside, they operate three large store in & around Houston) near me. I missed out on their Deere OPE clearance sale, 40% off I think.

mmm, not quite the way it happened,,with ALL deere dealers....

I recall some threads here about the switch. Please give us the 'nutshell' version of what happened.

Same with the major John Deere dealership (Brookside, they operate three large store in & around Houston) near me. I missed out on their Deere OPE clearance sale, 40% off I think.

I recall some threads here about the switch. Please give us the 'nutshell' version of what happened.
seems deere,,wasn't happy with the profit levels,,,and the speed of efco parts delivery....so deere forced alllll dealers,,to switch everything over to steal..and the deere dealers around here,,wouldn't give any breaks on the sale of the efco saws..i tried...full retail...

seems deere,,wasn't happy with the profit levels,,,and the speed of efco parts delivery....so deere forced alllll dealers,,to switch everything over to steal..and the deere dealers around here,,wouldn't give any breaks on the sale of the efco saws..i tried...

I went into the Deere dealership near me after :( the "clearance sale" on Deere OPE. One of the associates told me the prices started at 40% off. The one and only Deere OPE piece they had left was an extremely heavy pole saw (it would wear out even a young strong guy fairly quickly).

so deere forced alllll dealers,,to switch everything over to steal...
The first time I saw Stihl equipment at a Deere dealer at some point someone asked if I wanted something or something more and I said I wanted a Husqvarna chainsaw. They did not think it was funny. I never noticed any other outdoor equipment there been going there since 2006. Around that time not sure if it was that visit or that dealership but was told all dealerships had the option to take on the line or not. I believe I have posted this prior and perhaps someone came on with a clarification but no one said it was wrong.

As for why they and/or Cub Cadet for that matter dropped Efco/Emac I can not add anything. It is kind of amusing I have a MX10 rotary cutter and after use you are supposed to clean it off and they have a picture of a guy with a John Deere leaf blower. I wonder what the current manual has in that place.

I just saw an ad for a dealer who has sold Jonsered for years is now selling Efco. Wondering what's going on with Jonsered? There aren't many Tractor Supply stores around here either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Efco is a quality saw........
To be honest, I would have never purchased and Efco if I wasn't able to get one at Menards for $125 when they were clearing them out. But, now that I've used it several times, I have to say that I like it quite a bit. It's probably the best starting saw I have. It's smooth, and seems to be on par powerwise with all the various shades of orange saws.

1. like I told saw troll, I knew BOTH sides,,so unless you either do,,maybe you ought refrain from making any opinions or comments
What about the side that efco screwed customers and dealers over real good with their warranty? Getting parts is also near impossible.

Id say they make a fine saw, but their parts avail, limited number of dealers, and the way they treat the dealers leaves a lot to be desired. There was a thread about Efco Warranty some years back, and I can't put my finger on it, but I believe it was from a dealers perspective and not being able to get warranty claims paid. That effects the Consumer in the end.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/no-more-efco-parts.279573/#post-5355137

I remember it the same way.

except that,,you only heard one side of the story...I knew both sides......get it?????

I remember the warranty payment issues but wasnt it later discovered the dealer that complained the loudest was also not telling both sides. i seem to remember something about he wasnt turning in warranty claims till months after the repairs. someone chime in and enlighten me on the efco side of the story if your aware of it.

Latest posts

Back