My local Jonsered dealer switched to Efco : (

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i stopped into my local jonsered dealer . . .

What city?

Would have been better to switch to Husqvarna (what our big Jonsered dealer up in the Cities did), Makita/Dolmar, or Echo.

A lot of guys liked some of their saws, but support was hard to find. Hard to find Efco dealers - many on their list do not stock them. Some, like Menard's did not support them. I even stopped by their US offices and could not get straight information from them. Maybe they will rebuild their US dealer network? Hard to know.

Philbert

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/efco-brand-please-leave-me-your-feedback.213748/
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...-this-if-youre-considering-buying-one.227664/
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/your-opinion-of-efco-saws.287097/
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/opinions-of-the-efco-saws.179257/
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/opinions-on-efco.101473/

I remember the warranty payment issues but wasnt it later discovered the dealer that complained the loudest was also not telling both sides. i seem to remember something about he wasnt turning in warranty claims till months after the repairs. someone chime in and enlighten me on the efco side of the story if your aware of it.
It went beyond the warranty claims, and we all generally assume even if paid the shop doesn't get "shop rate". The distributor changed the new one wanted to start over with a credit application and mandated the order of new stock regardless of the stock on hand. Airco bought out Merriam Graves in the welding gas bottle business for me and I dropped them in a kind of similar scenario. You can't search it up? Don't remember what entity it was? Hint they are a Dolmar dealer as you are but in Vt. Were not all claims even the most current denied. I do not know who the replacement distributor is which i suppose is now but the prior one was in Maine. I am in New England as was the "complained loudest" as you call them.

That stuff is I read about it on the internet. I know Haley's in Palmer Ma dropped Efco at that time I never asked why, all the stuff I got was special order anyway He called the distributor while I was there. I did buy a Pole saw from Hirth equipment In a nearby town later and they are fine for support but closed on Mondays. Festi's which is the cub cadet had the Efco 2011 flyer and could special order stuff it seemed as well around that time.

I remember the warranty payment issues but wasnt it later discovered the dealer that complained the loudest was also not telling both sides. i seem to remember something about he wasnt turning in warranty claims till months after the repairs. someone chime in and enlighten me on the efco side of the story if your aware of it.
FACT!!! and even more to it...

Efco distribution could not provide parts in a timely manner. They could not provide cases to repair the faulty manufactured parts they sold customers. They could not get a "rep" to "inspect" the warranty claims without costing the dealer and or customer additional money or do it in a timely fashion, curious amount of missing shipped items. Wasted a lot of dealer phone time and caused a fair amount of suffering because of unhappy customers.

Efco killed itself, and could not have cared less. By the time the last dealer I was aware of cut his losses Efco was a curse word, a bad one.

Lots of Efco saws out there but not much respect for them, a good one is a good one and if it needs parts then it is done. Stock up on them if you want to have spare parts.

Personally I have a few of the saws, nice, no reason to get one unless the dealer is great or it was a significant deal. If I see them used I tend to value them like Echos, better be cheap because new parts are expensive or NLA.

It went beyond the warranty claims, and we all generally assume even if paid the shop doesn't get "shop rate". The distributor changed the new one wanted to start over with a credit application and mandated the order of new stock regardless of the stock on hand. Airco bought out Merriam Graves in the welding gas bottle business for me and I dropped them in a kind of similar scenario. You can't search it up? Don't remember what entity it was? Were not all claims even the most current denied. I do not know who the replacement distributor is which i suppose is now but the prior one was in Maine. I am in New England as was the "complained loudest" as you call them.
not from way the efco rep,,and tech tpld me..it was more in depth....

If you are a dealer, you would be a rare item. Of course you would have to be set up to do online orders and such for Efco parts.

It went beyond the warranty claims, and we all generally assume even if paid the shop doesn't get "shop rate". The distributor changed the new one wanted to start over with a credit application and mandated the order of new stock regardless of the stock on hand. Airco bought out Merriam Graves in the welding gas bottle business for me and I dropped them in a kind of similar scenario. You can't search it up? Don't remember what entity it was? Hint they are a Dolmar dealer as you are but in Vt. Were not all claims even the most current denied. I do not know who the replacement distributor is which i suppose is now but the prior one was in Maine. I am in New England as was the "complained loudest" as you call them.
I know who the dealer is. I was jsut being careful about wording since i have no first hand knowledge of any the issues. I just remembered that according to some other dealers that some/most of the issues were of his own making.

former sponsor here....and current sponsor on fforum

If you are a dealer, you would be a rare item. Of course you would have to be set up to do online orders and such for Efco parts.
I did find a place to put Efco parts into my shopping cart after Bailey's Since they seem to be capable of doing lots of brands probably not best to just post their address in the forum but I can via private message. And what I needed was for the four cycle Honda engine they have ceased to use, I think it took about 3 weeks.

Short of Bailey's I have not encountered any site sponsor that you can pick parts off an exploded parts diagram and stuff them in your cart.

so you are now,,or used to be a dealer???? still trolling............
Not a dealer now or ever of any brand. I am an Efco owner, not a happy one. Not particularly unhappy, however I would not and do not recommend them as Efco did themselves a great disservice with past behavior.

Of the two of us, I am the only one not talking in super secret squirrel code. You seem to have an Efco chip on your shoulder. Good luck with that.

I can get parts for Efcos, however I can get parts for my Husqs, Stihls and even Dolmars much much much easier and almost always cheaper, that does not even include the AM parts for which there is little Efco or Echo. Have more than a few Efcos that could be repaired, no parts, so they sit just like they did at the dealers I bought them from. The runners were purchased as runners or needed minor things.

Not emailing anyone.
Not phoning anyone.
Online or walking in, otherwise it is a dead brand.

Back