My new build it yourself sawmill and rail bed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok if all you guys can do me a really big favor. There is a free book of instructions in it for you, on how to build this sawmill, if you go to
http://www.instructables.com/id/My-BIY-Band-Sawmill-Railbed/
and join, vote for me, then go to the bottom of my instructables and download the odt file, this is the free book I wrote. It will open from Open Office or a Gmail account. If it turns out that you can not get the book, I will send it to you, or post it here so it can be downloaded after the contest is over. Thanks guys.

Hello all, well I have some bad news. I will no longer hold the name "Double J Creations" I am changing the name to "J & L Creations", my wife and I. I can only mention that I have dissolved my partnership with the one who assisted me with the building of this sawmill and "GAVE" him the sawmill so as to keep the peace. It was my choice that I freely gave it up.
I will leave the old name up for a bit to let everyone know and read this last post here before I change the name forever more.

Hello all, well I have some bad news. I will no longer hold the name "Double J Creations" I am changing the name to "J & L Creations", my wife and I. I can only mention that I have dissolved my partnership with the one who assisted me with the building of this sawmill and "GAVE" him the sawmill so as to keep the peace. It was my choice that I freely gave it up.
I will leave the old name up for a bit to let everyone know and read this last post here before I change the name forever more.
THAT, sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. Such a nice machine. Good luck with your future endeavors. You know your wife will make a better partner, you already picked her for the job full time, Joe.
Thank you RF383, there is allot of truth to that statement. I have already started building another sawmill with my wife/partner of 40 years and she has supported me all that time. This sawmill will be smaller in size but will be able to cut larger diameter logs, a little different design. I will start a new thread to show a step by step process of the build so all here can build one if they desire to.

Well the sawmill I'm now building, will be a total fabrication and the buying of parts by myself, so my X partner will not have any kind of a claim to it. I will take and post many photos and a few videos of the build.

Oh yes, I just don't want to say something I might regret later, as my X partner might be watching. I just want to keep the peace with him.

I'm just happy I can build another, keeping a positive attitude helps me focus and in turn, this gives me an opportunity to help/show other's how to build a sawmill. A better design than my first at a lower cost.

You should be able to click on your profile & change anything in it - ? Just a few tips & thoughts if you're going to build another mill from someone that did 25+ years back & still uses it - Your bed is way to high, pushing your head in the video you were reaching over your body, needs to be waist high at the most. A guy without support equipment [loader or forklift] could never load a log on your mill manually, just too tall. I can't imagine reaching over the frame & trying to turn a log of any size with a cant hook. My back hurts just thinking about it. The 10 legs make a nice leveling job, but look fragile for turning, moving large ugly logs. Mines not portable, sits under a barn on 4 8' 8x12's I've had it move turning 16 ft 2ft dia oak logs with the machine, 'cause I couldn't turn them manually. Just my 2 cents -

You should be able to click on your profile & change anything in it - ? Just a few tips & thoughts if you're going to build another mill from someone that did 25+ years back & still uses it - Your bed is way to high, pushing your head in the video you were reaching over your body, needs to be waist high at the most. A guy without support equipment [loader or forklift] could never load a log on your mill manually, just too tall. I can't imagine reaching over the frame & trying to turn a log of any size with a cant hook. My back hurts just thinking about it. The 10 legs make a nice leveling job, but look fragile for turning, moving large ugly logs. Mines not portable, sits under a barn on 4 8' 8x12's I've had it move turning 16 ft 2ft dia oak logs with the machine, 'cause I couldn't turn them manually. Just my 2 cents -

Well, I have to agree with that. It's on wheels for the purpose of moving the trailer until an enclosure could be built for it and heavy equipment was available to load, unload and turn logs. But this is all pastence now as I don't have part ownership in the sawmill any longer, I gave my X partner full ownership of it, he's not satisfied with that, now he wants my arms and legs.

Latest posts

Back